Post-deflicker issue and/or file naming issue, or something...

Started by acemonvw, October 01, 2014, 03:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acemonvw

Hello everyone, this weekend I was shooting a time-lapse of the sunset. I used Av mode and the post-deflicker module. I was shooting at 15sec interval. I have the Canon 60D, using the 18-135mm kit lens, and am using the nightly build of ML.

Weirdest thing though... I was looking at my photos on Lightroom (after loading the XMP data) and found that ever 4th picture lacked an exposure compensation. I looked back at my files and found that there's an XMP file for a missing photo (such as IMG_7513.XMP), but no IMG_7513.CR2. Then, there's the next file IMG7514.CR2, with no XMP data.

I get the feeling that ML screwed up and saved a file name as a number above what it was supposed to be, but saved the XMP data to something below that?

I also noticed a strange artifact at the end of my timelapse. The images became unstable, like they had been shaken during the shoot, but my camera was left untouched throughout the shoot, so I have no idea why that happened. I thought at first it was because at the very end of my timelapse the shutter speeds were too long (approaching 15 seconds) which would have accounted for some errors at the end.

Bizarre, not sure what to make of all that... Any thoughts? Thanks :)