[SOLVED] How to duplicate ML card

Started by Ed, July 12, 2012, 04:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

Hi - I am new to Magic Lantern and would appreciate some help with a problem I have in preparing duplicate Magic Lantern SD Cards - I have installed Magic Lantern and formatted another SD card plus the ML files - for some reason the the camera does not recognize the duplicate SD card as a ML card - obviously I am doing something wrong.

Thanks - Ed

Francis

When preparing the duplicate card did you just format and copy the ML files onto it? You need to put that card in the camera and go through the firmware update step as well. This enables the bootflag on the card which makes ML boot at the startup of your camera.

Ed

Hi Francis - thanks for your quick response - I did not realize for each duplicate card you need to go through the ML firmware update procedure before the camera recognizes the new card. I thought that once you have originally installed ML there is no need to do this.

Please could you confirm this.

Ed

Francis

bart

You can look at the section

= Installing Magic Lantern on other cards =

Here you see EOSCard. I use that all the time and never flash my camera.
and EOSCard THE MOVIE (no need to grab your 3D glasses)

Ed

Hi B4rt - I have downloaded the EOSCard  - Could you please guide me as to the procedure -- I am not a techno person and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks - Ed

nanomad

Just enable all the flags and you're set :P
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Ed

Hi Nanomad - So, I make the SD card bootable - via the EOScard - and load all the ML files onto the SD Card - is this the correct method ?

Thanks - ED

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Ed

Thanks everyone for your help in resolving my ML problem - much appreciated, especially your quick responses

Ed