Issue with all video takes cut short by 6 seconds.

Started by acoustified, September 14, 2014, 04:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acoustified

Is anyone else having this issue?
We captured video with 5dm3 raw
I can watch the full take with audio in mlrawviewer so I know all the data is there.
I convert the raw to DNG.
When I load the DNG into AF I can see that the audio is longer than the video I also notice the video is cut short by about 5 seconds.
This happens on every take.

Anyone else have this issue?

NedB

@acoustified: In After Effects, in the Project window, select the clip, right-click on it, select Interpret Footage>Main>Frame Rate>Assume this frame rate, and type in the correct fps.

Explanation: When you first install AE, it defaults to using 30fps for all imported image sequences. If you never changed that default (Edit>Preferences>Import>Sequence Footage), it will continue to do this. If most or all of your footage is a particular frame rate (like 29.97, 25, 23.976, etc.), then change it here. Otherwise you have to make sure to check and/or change the Frame Rate for each imported clip. Cheers!

...oh, and let me know if this helped, ok?
550D - Kit Lens | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Zacuto Z-Finder Pro 2.5x | SanDisk ExtremePro 95mb/s | Tascam DR-100MkII

Frank7D

Also, it is normal for the audio clip to be a little longer than the video (even when frame rate is correct). Just trim it (or not) as needed.