ML + nanoMoCo (connector board, MoCoBus) + stepper motor

Started by surami, July 12, 2012, 12:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

surami

Could ML supported DSLRs control stepper motors through USB connected nanoMoCo board (nanoMoCo, MoCoBus)? I mean motion control on multiple axis. Do they have enough power in principle? It just came to my mind, because earlier I saw a timelapse video about focus ramping...

EDIT: Some additional information about nanoMoCo + connector board here and here.

Another future thought: The Canon 650D has a touchscreen, so it could be used as an input opportunity to use a keyframing option with curves... just like Dragonframe, but a simple version.
550D + nightly ML

imagecatcher

Doesn't answer your Q but you might be able to shed some on mine. I will be using a basic shoot move shoot controller but wondering how I sync it with Bulb ramping.
I have been thinking that if the initial stop delay could be replaced by a simple signal from the camera.  This would just leave the move timer acting. What I was thinking is whilst ever the camera is outputting an LCD video signal the motor can move (withing its time set point and stop). As soon as the screen/mirror locks up the motor stops. Resets and then video comes on and the motor starts.
This video out signal idea cam as a result of test an external monitor today.