Long Exposure

Started by zchprty, September 04, 2014, 04:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zchprty

I came across this video and was wondering if anyone knew how they shot it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxxYqSwJRuU

Any help would be great! Thanks

Levas

I'm not sure ???

It's definately faster then real life, speed up.
My guess:
Looks like a time-lapse made of long exposure shots, and multiple copies of this time-lapse video layered for frameblending (so you're not looking at one photo at the time but probably 10 or 50 ?).
Although I would expect the letters to fade away one by one during the take, but the letters stay visible the whole take...

mageye

Yes a series of lots of long exposures whilst letters are traced and composited using rotoscoping technique.

EDIT: Actually I just looked at it again and those 'long exposures' are not as long as you might think. If you freeze frame it you get an idea of how much travel there is in each frame and that should be an indicator as to the exposure.

So the video was was probably a mixture of slow (real life) movement and relatively fast (or short) time-lapse interval with moderate exposure time (as high as 1/24" exposure?).
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7