Horisontal bars in still picture taken in liveview mode

Started by Pete, July 11, 2012, 03:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

Now on ML 2.3RC1 in a 600D. Maybe I did something wrong but I got 2 horizontal bars on my picture taken in liveview mode. Almost looks like cropmarks or similar, I would guess they are aligned just about with the movie 16x9 image crop.

I also got the zoom magnification window pop up whenever I halfpressed focus in image mode, would be happy to get rid of that function.

a1ex

Canon features should not be reported as ML bugs ;)

For zoom, look in the liveview zoom tweaks (it's not enabled by default).

Francis

My suggestion is to only change a couple settings at a time and then check out the effects on the camera so you don't run into this problem with having turned something on that you don't know how to turn off.

If you really can't figure out what you did, you can reset the Config file back to the default settings by going to the ML Prefs menu, entering the 'Config file' submenu and select 'Delete config file.' Restart the camera and you'll back to the ML defaults.

If the bars are red lines then those are cropmarks which can be turned off under the ML Overlays menu.

These are not bugs but operational questions so this thread will be moved to Using Magic Lantern > Q&A