Bulb timer

Started by habo, August 27, 2014, 08:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

habo

Bulb Timer

Trying to make a long time exposure of the milky way with my Canon 60D, bulb timer set to 1m, and camera set to Bulb, and pressing the release button half way for 1 sec. I would expect to get a 1m exposure, but the camera released immediately when I released the shutter button. I have reinstalled ML but the problem is still there, am I missing something? or do I have a faulty camera, any suggestions??  :(

Hans   

Walter Schulz

Insert card into cardreader. Delete AUTOEXEC.BIN and ML directory. Extract nightly build contents and copy AUTOEXEC.BIN and ML directory to card.
Redo test and post results.

a1ex

Or better read the user guide ;)

habo

I was not trying to do a time lapse of the night sky, more to make 3 single shots with long time exposure and compose them into a panorama, but I now understand that it is not possible without activating the intervalometer, Alex I don't think the user guide is very specific about that. I have now tested it again and it work, I just have to stop the intervalometer after one shot, then move the camera, and start again.

Walter Schulz I must really try that, thank you.

dmilligan

Hold the half shutter until you hear a beep and the countdown starts, then release it (immediately). Don't touch it again or the bulb timer will cancel. The problem is that you're holding the half shutter too long.

habo

Yes I have now tried that, it really works, except there are no beep tone on my camera and I have turned it on on Canon menu, thank you.