M00 file, but no MLV.

Started by kevstauss, August 19, 2014, 10:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevstauss

Hey guys, I just finished a shoot and one of my clips is simply one .M00 file with no accompanying .MLV file. The .M00 file is almost 3GB, leading me to believe that there is still some salvageable footage in there. Any idea what I should do with it? Thanks!

g3gg0

which camera?
did you enable card spanning and forgot to check both cards?
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

kevstauss

Quote from: g3gg0 on August 19, 2014, 11:33:18 PM
which camera?
did you enable card spanning and forgot to check both cards?
50D, so no card spanning. I have a few other clips that successfully spanned from the MLV to the M00 file though; it's just this one that I'm having a problem with.

g3gg0

can you check the card using chkdsk *without* /f if there are some lost sectors?
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

kevstauss

Quote from: g3gg0 on August 20, 2014, 06:52:32 PM
can you check the card using chkdsk *without* /f if there are some lost sectors?
Bingo! Forgot I left a few files on the card because it was throwing an I/O error when copying to my hard drive. Repaired the disk in Apple's Disk Utility and everything looks peachy. Thanks for your help!

kevstauss

Well that solved other problems, but now I have a new problem. I found the .MLV that belongs with it, but the .MLV is only 459KB and won't combine with the .M00 either through cat or MLVMystic.

g3gg0

so it seems you really lost data :(
guess you already tried to scan for lost files using a recovery tool?

kevstauss

Quote from: g3gg0 on August 21, 2014, 10:39:39 PM
so it seems you really lost data :(
guess you already tried to scan for lost files using a recovery tool?
I did indeed. Luckily it's only one somewhat nonessential shot. Do you know of any way to salvage what's left in the .M00? When MLVMystic creates a log file for it, it does show 2000-something frames but produces none. Either way, thanks for your time, g3gg0!

chmee

@kevstauss if there are some essential and useable blocks inside the mlv, you could merge them manually. And maybe thats enough to build some frames.
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]