Can't turn on BEEPS on 5Diii with 1.2.3

Started by lostfeliz, August 18, 2014, 11:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostfeliz

I've been unable to turn on beeps at the start and stop of recording. I recall hearing beeps in the past. Anyone know how to turn them on? Or if it's even possible? I can play the test tones in the ML Audio settings, but they don't turn up anywhere else. I'm using a Nightly Build from August 7th on a 5Diii with the later 1.2.3 firmware.

The reason it's suddenly become a concern is that recently (yesterday) I stepped up to 1.2.3 with an external monitor hooked up and HDMI mirroring on. It's been a miracle for my being able to get good focus. I wish I had some basic overlays on the external monitor but I having them all over on the Canon screen works fine when you get used to it. One issue is that you really concentrate your eyes on external monitor while you're shooting. If the camera stops recording and there's no beep, you really might not notice. Don't want to keep a nine minute scene going if a camera blip stops recording a minute into the take.

Is this an issue for others or just something I'm doing? Searched around and can't find anyone with the same issue.

acid2006

Push the AF Drive button and select "One shot"....maybe your camera is in AI Servo mode...

johndoson

It's unbelievable it. Wailing, I never knew before. It is a new knowledge for me.

lostfeliz

Quote from: acid2006 on August 19, 2014, 12:17:50 AM
Push the AF Drive button and select "One shot"....maybe your camera is in AI Servo mode...

Nope. It's set to "One Shot" and the lens is set to manual focus.

Also, I have noticed that the beeps are said to be disabled in ML when MLV Sound is turned on "to prevent interference with audio recording." For me the beeps don't happen regardless of whether or not I have MLV Sound on. I don't even need a start beep (or a beep when I stop the recording), but hearing a beep to alert you when the camera stops the recording do to an error would be very helpful. 

DanJam

It might be ridiculous sounding, but sometimes a wipe and reinstall fixes issues like this. If you've done it before, it should be second nature now and take all of five minutes to do. Could save you time too.