Bulb utilities for ND and long exposure photography (bulb_nd)

Started by dmilligan, August 10, 2014, 03:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfort

@garry23 -- Don't give up just yet. I re-built the module so try it again. It is rather a pain to compile for the 5D3.123. Seems like that platform tends to be the last one to get on board with the latest features. I'd give you a whole new build but since you already have it working I'd rather not tempt fate.

https://bitbucket.org/daniel_fort/magic-lantern/downloads/bulb_nd.mo.2017Jan01.5D3123.zip

garry23

@dfort

Daniel I owe you a beer :D

That did the trick  :)

I really do need to spend some time and get a compile environment up and running on my Win 10 Laptop. I did try a few months ago, but got myself confused as to how to tap into the various builds, despite pointers from the experts.

As for the 113 vs 123 nighties. I appreciate that 123 has two 'features' that draw users to it, ie F/8 AF for still photographers, and HDMI out a dual monitors for videographers; but it would be good if we could ask the gurus to keep these two 5D3 power houses in step, ie always synced (as far as possible).

I know I'm asking a lot: and I'll say no more.

As for this ML user, I'm now very happy: Lua fix (well enough), F/8 AF, all my scripts working and Bulb_ND  :)

Happy New Year to all the ML community. I truly hope 2017 will take us to new heights.

Cheers

Garry

nbenadom

Hi all.... I haven't been on here for quite a while and am about a year behind with the ML version I've been using. I was reading through the posts and the update logs for the bulb ND calculator. I see 5D3 listed specifically for this module. Does it also work for 6D? I'm trying to figure out which of the newer updates will be best for my uses.

Regards,

Noel

RT--

I tried this last night and it worked nicely, but on my 6D the focus point selection in live view goes crazy; one click on the pad makes it go all the way to the edge. It doesn't matter if Bulb ND is enabled or not - the only way to stop it is to not load the module.

duckied

dmilligan, I am also experiencing the same issues, when loading the module, the auto focus box would pan in that direction you press till it hits the edge. I am using a 5d2.

theherrieds

Does this work for the 6D? I don't see any indication that it does.
I installed the module in the ML/Modules and when I go into
the shoot tab in my camera, I don't see anything about the Bulb ND

grunix

Since the last update of my 70D (2018-02-17) the module is complaining about an old api version (v6.0 instead of v7.0).

Please provide an update of my favorite module.

Thanks in advance!

oeci

On the 6D this module kills the live view focus functionality. As soon as it (the module) is activated the focus box in live view moves across the whole screen when an arrow key is pressed instead of moving in small steps only. This makes it impossible to exactly pick a focus point. As soon as the module is deactivated and the camera rebooted everything is back to normal.

paci

cbyl

Quote from: RT-- on June 12, 2017, 12:08:59 PM
I tried this last night and it worked nicely, but on my 6D the focus point selection in live view goes crazy; one click on the pad makes it go all the way to the edge. It doesn't matter if Bulb ND is enabled or not - the only way to stop it is to not load the module.

I am having this exact issue on my 6D! @dmilligan, any ideas or potential fix in the works? Thanks a lot.