separate settings for Video and Photomode

Started by katerlouis, July 27, 2014, 12:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katerlouis

Hey guys,
although I hope this feature already exists and I just couldnt find it, I'd love to have seperate settings saved for video and photo mode. As I'm savin both raw AND small jpg so mummy is happy by easily gettin some photos every 3 days while travelin I rather use not neutral picture style for photos. But of course video must be done with neutral pitcture style. Switching between 800 and 50 shutter everytime also sucks.

So I have a small menu in mind where you can select which parameters are set\saved seperately or get their values from the "main settings" - these set in photomode. For example: only shutter speed and ISO should be different in video mode so I check "seperate settings", press the pretty Q, check only iso and shutter aaaand voila: the apertuere and picture style remains the same.

Is this possible!? and how much time would that take?

thx/! Louis

ps. I dont mean to switch between Av and M software wise!

katerlouis

Hey, thx for answering!
But either I don't see a way to achieve what I'm looking for with the preset feature or it is so inconvenient that it's not worth it ooor you did not understand what I want.

What I want is some kind of control over which settings in video mode get herited from photo mode and which not. Example: PhotoMode f1.4 1/2000s (since it's a sunny day and I'm shootin flowers) Picture Style Landscape- now I want to make a video of these flowers, so i flip the switch on my 5d3 (should have mentioned that earlier :F) and dont want that hard shutter and a neutral picture style.

There are around 50 different flowers on the lane and I don't want to change these settings eeeverytime and dont want to walk the lane twice-

So I check "Picture Style" and "Shutter" in my beautiful magic lantern Video/Photo Heritage-Menu and voila: picture style and shutter are saved separately.

If I now change the picture style in VIDEOMODE to Monochrome it is only monochrome for video! Photo still has landscape picture style. No saving and loading presets-

But if there is a way to achieve this with the preset module fairly easy, please tell me! But if it is to inconvenient maybe I'm not alone with this usecase and some nice and wise coder will code the Magic Lantern Heritage Module, since it would be awesome to have always shutter 50 or 100 or whatever I decided to shoot my video with last time, just by flipping a switch.

Sorry for the long text :(
Still hope you guys help me :)

Thx!

ps. maybe we put this topic back to "Feature Request"? :)

Audionut

To make the current functionality anymore useable, we need a button API.

And it's still a duplicate.  Use search if you don't believe me  ;) :P