MLV-->DNG-->ACR VisionLog "Embedded Profile" Option Only 600D

Started by Starclassic, July 26, 2014, 04:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starclassic

I'm getting frustrated that I can't figure this out! I use Tony Beccar.s MLV convertor 1.9.2 to convert my MLV'S to DNG'S. When I import the DNG'S to ACR, it only gives me the option to use "embedded profile" on the camera profile menu. I'd like to convert it to Visionlog! I notice that there is an option to encode with an acr visionlog.xmp, but when I do that it doesn't work. Is it because a lack of metadata? I'd greatly appreciate some help.

N/A

Try downloading Adobe's DNG Converter, I used to have the same issue and for some reason that fixed it.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

Starclassic

Thanks for the reply. I believe I have the latest version of Adobe converter downloaded. Tony Beccar's convertor requires it. Could it possibly be in the advanced settings of Adobe converter?

N/A

Which camera/ML version? Is ACR up to date? Upload a dng so we can check it out.

cpc

ACR uses the UniqueCameraModel dng/tiff tag to identify cameras and enable and display the corresponding profiles. You can batch add it with exiftool to your files.

Starclassic

I still can't find a solution to this.... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

dubzeebass

cpc gave you the answer. What more do you want? Put on your big boy pants and do some digging around :)

N/A

Use exiftool, as already mentioned, or try one of the newer conversion programs, like MLVFS or MLRawViewer.