HDR. Problem with Raw Video and Dual ISO on a 500D

Started by 1anl, July 25, 2014, 09:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1anl

I wanted to try video HDR on my 500d.
I have viewed a number of videos on line but they show what must be an old version of ML as they have an HDR option under the video tab.
I  am currently running the nightly build for the 18th of July 2014 and have tried to get dual ISO working with video.
I have set up RAW video under the movie tab. I have selected dual ISO and set 2 ISO speeds.
I have set the switch to movie, but although dual ISO is selected it is grayed out and there is a message saying
Dual ISO only works in RAW for movie. Have I missed something or is there an issue with RAW video and dual ISO.

Thanks

donjames150

Quote from: 1anl on July 25, 2014, 09:38:59 AM
I wanted to try video HDR on my 500d.
I have viewed a number of videos on line but they show what must be an old version of ML as they have an HDR option under the video tab.
I  am currently running the nightly build for the 18th of July 2014 and have tried to get dual ISO working with video.
I have set up RAW video under the movie tab. I have selected dual ISO and set 2 ISO speeds.
I have set the switch to movie, but although dual ISO is selected it is grayed out and there is a message saying
Dual ISO only works in RAW for movie. Have I missed something or is there an issue with RAW video and dual ISO.

Thanks

One option would be to sell your 500D and buy a 550D. You should be able to sell yours for at least $300 if it has a low shutter count. I just saw a used 550D with less than 3000 shutter count for $365 (body only) on ebay. Or a 600D with a shutter count of 16k for $380. Both of those will do HDR video.
EOS 760D + 55-250mm + Tokina 11-16mm