[WONTFIX] Very High Def Video

Started by CoolBlueDog, July 19, 2014, 09:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolBlueDog

Hi, I'd like to request a feature if it hasn't been already done.  I'm not sure of the ability of the camera for this but it would be pretty cool.

So here's the thoughts.  I'd like to set up the Intervalometer to run the shutter at a very fast rate but also allow the capture of the image from the sensor at the highest resolution possible.  I'm not sure if this would damage the shutter/mirror mechanism if it was shuttering at high speed (maybe mirror lock-up mode ?).  All images would be captured in the easiest format for saving (RAW ?).  This would basically have the DMA memory functions streaming data as fast as possible to the card.  The video would then be put together in POST.  Maybe have HDR ability here too ?  2 to 6 frame HDR ?

The Intervalometer firstly needs a decimal seconds interval setting.  This would allow one to do many frames per second (I'm thinking of 30 FPS).

What I'm trying to do is get 5K pixel images into video. 

Thanks for all the great work.  This is a wonderful piece of software.

dmilligan

Put the camera in high speed continuous mode and hold the shutter down. That's as fast as you're going to get.

mageye

How to wear out your shutter mechanism in just two short days! ::) :D
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

createfile

Why don't you just use the Burst Mode to film pictures quickly and dump them to SD card

Audionut

Quote from: dmilligan on July 19, 2014, 10:12:47 PM
Put the camera in high speed continuous mode and hold the shutter down. That's as fast as you're going to get.

Set the intervalomter to shoot like crazy, and you don't even need to hold a button!