Canon 1200D

Started by akkotyni, July 12, 2014, 02:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fredestroyer007

Btw... Is it normal that the Expo menu isn't there? The focus menu also miss some function compare to (let's say) Magic Lantern on a T5i?

The menu in the photo manual mode is the the standard one from Canon. Magic Lantern isn't suppose to add stuff like the time, ... ?

In brief, the February 12 build isn't complete, right?

a1ex

For menu, it's probably as easy as updating BGMT_AV definition in gui.h.

For expo menu, see replies #426, #427, #438.

RandoMixs

I'm new here, and I'm learning to use this forum! But unfortunately I did not find the last build of the T5 to be able to test! I'm from Brazil, and my English is not the best!

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Download Nightly Builds

Fredestroyer007

a1ex, I have knowledge in C# and Python programming. I also know a bit of C++... More especially, I more familiar with the Arduino plateform, the Rapsberry Pi plateform (Linux in general) and Windows 10 app programming. If you think I might be of some help (I am willing to learn! ; Could you refer me to some page about the Magic Lantern developpement? The information is pretty much everywhere : hard to find/understand? I don't know where to start...) I could jump into the code the debug it. If you think that I would not be of any help with my level of knowledege, I am willing to stay to test the new builds as another developper (hopefully?) could jump into the code?

On another note, I did very extensive testing (I don't have any other idea of what to test or combinaison of thing to test) and I didn't find any other bug except from the one who I already reported. (I did NOT test the modules and HDMI out). So, I can pretty safely say that the February 12 build is probably bug free EXCEPT from what I already posted in my previous posts.

Finally, do you have any request of thing for me to do/test? I read that a walkthrought video would be usefull. Is it still the case?

a1ex

That's perfect - first step is compiling ML (which should be easy, given that you are not afraid of Linux). Then fixing the menu in movie mode should be a very easy change, now that you know the button codes.

To get started, just follow some sticky topics from the development area.

Fredestroyer007

Thanks! Will look into that! I will keep you updated...

razrburn

I have a canon 1200d arriving today or tomarrow. There is alot of information in here, but to recap the 19 pages correct me if i'm wrong this currently only works with version 1.0.1 and not 1.0.0 or 1.0.2.

I'm excited to try magic lantern, hopefully a stable build irons its way out for the 1200d. Till then i'd like to take a moment and say thank you too all the developers, for your hard work.

droidente

Hello,
I have a question, how to uninstall magic lantern for 1200D, I followed the guide but, when I click on Firmware update, I dont have the possibility for this. Same result if I click on Format. I dont have any option to remove ML. Someone can help me?
Thank you and I'm sorry if my english are ugly :P

RobMac

Hi I'm not sure whether this is normal or has already been reported but when I turn on manual exposure settings in the canon menu (click the menu key and go to menu->movie exposure->manual) I can no longer access the magic lantern menu when I press the trashbin key.However the features of magic lantern appear to continue working and when change it back to automatic exposure I can again access the magic lantern menu.
If this is a bug it doesn't really appear to effect anything, at least not that I have seen...
And if it's normal,my bad!

Fredestroyer007

Robmac, if you press the trashbin key in a photo mode (let's say in P mode), you can access the magic lantern menu, right? But if you press the trashbin button in video mode, it doesnt work, right?

I am already working on it :) (small update for a1ex, I didn't have much time lately so, my progess are pretty slow... I am able to compile magic lantern, so update should come pretty soon regarding the trashbin key).

Varashilov

Call the ML menu in video mode: by holding the trash can and pressing OK

RobMac

@fredestroyer007 yeah thats right! It will open if you press the trash and then the okay button, but this isn't needed for other modes where you usually just press the trash?

rickmc3280

I have a question for yall. 

I have limited C++ coding experience, but I wanted to see what yalls thoughts are regarding the live mode box...

My assumption is that the box is either predetermined in a file represented by some type of numbering system where it can scale the white lines and the whitelines themsevles are coded.  Would it be possible to change the AF box to invisible?  Or to instead put the white lines at the very top of the screen? In essense programming it so that the box just doesnt show up or is maximized to the entire screen, maybe even dropping the amount of pixels that it takes up?

Would love to hear back about this.  Also, any of yall know where I could get started learning how to control the DSLR from a computer interface, maybe an arduino?

Note that I am trying to use the camera with an HDMI cable input.  I have both the T5 and T5i

AneMotion

Wow, thank you for all your hard work in making this work everyone! So far a lot on my 1200D works, but I also seem to get the Duplicate Crop marks menu(2) warning after I play with the settings etc.

Do you guys think this ML version will be able to do RAW video some time?
;)

Zans

Hey, I just installed ML on my 1200D and will soon start to figure out if it all works fine.
I just wondered if there is any work in progress on getting BULB timer running?

ToXiCRising

I know this is a bit off topic, but after connecting my 1200D to my PC while also having EOS Utility installed ML crashed and gave me some log files. These chrashes occured after closing EOS Utility (it opens upon connecting the camera) and after transfering my pictures to the PC, when i diconncted my camera from my PC. I hope these help with further development.

Here is a link to my Google drive with the Log file:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8CXqrH6rbcwVlVScHBaTmF2eTQ

It was to big so i counldnt post it here (exceeded maximum character limit)

a1ex

It would be useful if you can find a way to reproduce the issue.

ToXiCRising

This issue happens everytime when i connect and then disconnect my camera
it doesnt delete any data or something in these manners it just crashes and writes a log

a1ex

I assume it doesn't happen without ML.

Does it happen if you press SET at startup to bypass ML? In this case, ML is still loaded (you'll still see the modified version number), but will be inactive.

Danigiio

Hi, I want to thank all of you for crate ML on 1200D, I truly appreciate it.
My name is Dani, and I just installed ML on my 1200D and I was searching for the "picture style" option for a while, but I didn't found it.
I would love to have this option becasue I can see a Standar picture style but change when I press the film buttom the picture style changes to Cinestyle.
Do you think it is possible to have this option?

Thank you for your time, have a nice day.

ToXiCRising

Nope if ML isnt started it doesnt crash when i diconnect it.

a1ex

Does it crash in the default configuration? (after resetting ML to defaults)

BTW, this kind of crash might depend on the files you are transferring from the card (could be their number, size, or even the contents of some particular file, or a combination of factors). Therefore, to reproduce it, you might have to copy the images back on the card. Is this true? (in other words, can you reproduce the issue regardless of how many files you have on the card?)

ToXiCRising

i just tried it again this time it didnt crash.
You seem to be right about those conditions because when it crashed i was copying alot of files.

vjklein

Magic Lantern with the last build doesn't  show the EXPO  menu voice,  instead the old one does! Is it normal? or we have to wait for a fix? thanks