Quote from: Sergio de la Torre on August 29, 2016, 09:29:24 PM
You must to format it in the PC, the camera will left the ML files

Ahhh Good to know, thanks.

Quote from: bakersdozen on August 30, 2016, 01:46:14 AM
Do we have intervalomter working yet?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Works for me too.

liquidfiretibby

Thank you all for the help. I was soo close before. But now I'm still stuck. I can't get the make_bootable.sh to run
I've installed cygwin. When I run the .sh in that console, it tells me I need to mount my sd card. I can't figure out how :(
I've tried the eoscard app but it says, "exfatVBR load failed" 
I'm using a class 10 64gb lexar

Walter Schulz

Format card in cam.
Retry EOScard.
Delete contents from card (autoexec.bin, *.FIR, ML directory).
Copy extracted zip content (for 1200D) to card.
If you have another card (32 GB or less) you should go with this one.

liquidfiretibby

Quote from: Walter Schulz on September 05, 2016, 05:09:28 AM
Format card in cam.
Retry EOScard.
Delete contents from card (autoexec.bin, *.FIR, ML directory).
Copy extracted zip content (for 1200D) to card.
If you have another card (32 GB or less) you should go with this one.

Found on another forum that it was my built in sd reader the was not reading the vbr. used a usb reader and it worked great.
Thanks again!

seamaniac81

I am trying to get into more professional time lapsing and I would like to if i could save some money on a intervalometer, could this do that for me or not? Other than that has anyone ported over ML to the T5 (1200D)??? If so can you link it? Thanks!

BallisticHugs

Quote from: liquidfiretibby on September 05, 2016, 08:37:25 AM
Found on another forum that it was my built in sd reader the was not reading the vbr. used a usb reader and it worked great.
Thanks again!

Glad to hear you got it working.  :)

Lucas Figueiredo

Hi guys, I'm new here, and I can't find a link with the ML to Canon 1200D in this topic  ::) ... Can everyone send or reply this comment with the link ( if he exist ) :D ? thank uuuuuu  :D

sDaveCZ

Do you guys have a download link for the 1200D.fir? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Thanks!

Walter Schulz

vjklein

where is it in page 13, i have the same problem and I don't speak English well... thanks

adel.gaming29

hey guys i just need help to open the settings menu when i'm in movie mode  :(

BallisticHugs

Quote from: vjklein on September 13, 2016, 05:40:30 PM
where is it in page 13, i have the same problem and I don't speak English well... thanks

This is the link for the build on July 30th:

https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/1200d_new/downloads/Latest_Build_July_30.zip

pratikshirdhanka

Yo guys.
I im trying my best to install magic lantern on my canon 1200d but im not been able to do it. Can you please tell me exact process with download links?

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using Tapatalk

bakersdozen

Quote from: pratikshirdhanka on September 17, 2016, 06:37:26 PM
Yo guys.
I im trying my best to install magic lantern on my canon 1200d but im not been able to do it. Can you please tell me exact process with download links?

Look at page 32 or post #319 from ballistichugs

They have posted step by step.

EOS M + 5D3

pratikshirdhanka

Actually now the .sh file is saying eos_digital card should be mounted before running the script.
And as im using cygwin. Can you please give me the exact commands for running the script?

pratikshirdhanka

Quote from: BallisticHugs on August 29, 2016, 09:15:01 AM
For everyone having trouble installing Magic Lantern on the 1200D, I will do my best to try and explain how I installed it again.
I Unchecked low format and formatted the card on the camera and started from scratch to hopefully help some people, so here goes nothing.

Step 1: Formatted the card.
Step 2: Put ML files from latest build (July 30th). {ML+autoexec.bin}
Step 3: I Added the 1200BOOT.fir file to the main directory of the card.

Step 4: I ran the update from the camera without running the script that makes the card bootable and I got the ":)" error.
Step 5: I then put the card in my chromebook without adding/removing any files and I ran the script that makes the card bootable.

Step 6: I ejected my card and inserted into my camera and as soon as I turned it on It booted up showing the size of the card in the bottom right of the screen. If you hit the delete button the menu should show.

Here's a link for the make_bootable.sh file I used: make_bootable.sh
You can also download it from: https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/src/tip/contrib/make-bootable/

July 30th Build: https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/1200d_new/downloads/Latest_Build_July_30.zip

I hope this helps guys I tried my best to explain it and recreate the problem y'all are having. If y'all have any questions or problems let me know.

Don't skip any steps and run the script with sudo.
Bro. Im running the script with cygwin. Can you give me the exact commands please.

Walter Schulz

Dear Lord of Full Quotes!
Just run EOScard. Delete all content from card after and copy files to card and you are done.

pratikshirdhanka

Are you sure? Coz i tried it earlier and that didnt work

Walter Schulz

EOScard was standard procedure to create bootable cards on Windows for years ...
If EOScard doesn't work (whatever that may mean) there is a good chance the script won't work either.
Try a different card with less capacity. If you still have troubles come back and describe in detail the steps you followed through and results.

bakersdozen

Just to confirm, I followed BallisticHugs steps and worked great first time for me on OSX. After the =) I opened terminal, entered sudo -s. Then dragged the make_bootable.sh file onto the terminal window. Watched the magic happen. Thanks to all involved, very much appreciated. Intervalomter works great for me, which is my main request.

EOS M + 5D3

pratikshirdhanka

Ok guys. Ill try it out again today in the evening. Thankyou all.

BallisticHugs

Quote from: pratikshirdhanka on September 20, 2016, 06:13:58 AM
Ok guys. Ill try it out again today in the evening. Thankyou all.

Yea... I'm not sure if the script will work on cygwin... You could try running a virtual linux machine maybe... or just try the EOSCard again.

pratikshirdhanka

Ok bro. I'll try both of those methods.