Canon 1200D

Started by akkotyni, July 12, 2014, 02:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mathias

You just can remove bootable flag from your sd card using http://pel.hu/down/EOScard.exe

I don't know if fomratting sd card from the camera removes this flag. If does, you should turn off-on your camera again. This port is still in beta.

canonlover

it is not yet safe installation ? You could always test and when my camera is not affected since I hold for my studies. :-\ :'(

liquidfiretibby

Hey guys,

First off, THANK YOU for all the work in porting this.

However, I cant seem to get it to install. I've downloaded you most stable build from you link, formatted my card in camera, made sure firmware was up to date, put ML files on sd, but when I go to the update firmware screen to install ML, it tells me there is no FW on the card.

Using a lexar class 10 64 gb if it helps

Walter Schulz

canonlover

I have tested in canon ML 1200D , my focus is the video recording , recorded in raw . 960,1152,1280,1920,3584 .

when the video finishes processing the posteare .

a problem is that in the video mode menu can not enter the magic lantern as the assigned button has a function in ML

in all modes fps going very slow 960 can be recorded continuously in 1152 also in 1280 the recording is cut to approximately 12 seconds in 1920 lasts seconds and in 3584 only captures 2 frames when you upload the videos can see in better detail .

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
En espaƱol

he testeado ML en canon 1200D, mi foco es la grabacion de video, grabe in raw. 960,1152,1280,1920,3584.

cuando termine de procesar los videos los posteare.

un problema es que en el modo video no puedo ingresar al menu de magic lantern ya que el boton asignado tiene una funcion en ML

en todos los modos los fps van muy lento en 960 se puede grabar continuo en 1152 tambien en 1280 se corta la grabacion a los 12 segundos aproximadamente en 1920 dura segundos y en 3584 solo captura 2 fotogramas cuando suba los videos podran ver con mejor detalle.

nikfreak

don't expect miracles regarding write speed and continuous raw recording resolutions on 1200D.
1x00D (4-digit) EOS bodies are THE entry level cameras and those got crippled hardware specs.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

BallisticHugs

Quote from: liquidfiretibby on August 15, 2016, 01:36:51 AM
Hey guys,

First off, THANK YOU for all the work in porting this.

However, I cant seem to get it to install. I've downloaded you most stable build from you link, formatted my card in camera, made sure firmware was up to date, put ML files on sd, but when I go to the update firmware screen to install ML, it tells me there is no FW on the card.

Using a lexar class 10 64 gb if it helps

I was able to install it on my 1200d. I believe I downloaded the July 30th build, the one without the 1200d firmware file. I grabbed the firmware file from another build and I had trouble installing it until I ran EOSCardUtility for Linux and after that I tried installing and it worked.

liquidfiretibby

Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 15, 2016, 05:06:11 PM
See reply #156

Thank you. Do I need to use the ML-setup.FIR from one of the other nightly builds? Do these two files first, the format and put on ml-setup.fir with the ML data files from this build?

liquidfiretibby

ok so I ran the 1200BOOT.FIR and it gave me a rom dump msg over my last picture and then a ":)"

But I cant find a ML menu. Tried the ml-setup.fir from a nightly build and it froze my camera saying there was no boot/firmware file

Beda Luh

hey guys.
At first, thanks to all that help to port ml for the Canon eos 1200d.
Ok but I have an question.
When I install the Firmware there are 4 titles there is "Please wait..." than "ROM Backup..." than "EnalbeBootDisk" at least the is an smylie.
And thats it after that my camera do nothing.
Can somebody help me?

marcotonet

Hi guys, i've the latest firmware on my 1200D, anyone can tell me where to download and how to install ML? I read some users have already done and it's working..thanks!

BallisticHugs

Quote from: liquidfiretibby on August 18, 2016, 03:56:47 AM
ok so I ran the 1200BOOT.FIR and it gave me a rom dump msg over my last picture and then a ":)"

But I cant find a ML menu. Tried the ml-setup.fir from a nightly build and it froze my camera saying there was no boot/firmware file

That's the same thing that happened to me. Have you ran the card with EOSCardUtility.exe?

EOSCardUtility: http://pel.hu/eoscard/

YouTube video to help with EOSCardUtility: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEBSUUeoA4Y

Here's the link from mk11174 to download the July 30th build that I used. https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/1200d_new/downloads/Latest_Build_July_30.zip

Here's the filesystem of my working SDcard with Magic Lantern that I used.

Sergio de la Torre

After my holydays I'm here again to help testing :)
5Dc - 1200D - 20D - 350D InfraRed

marcotonet

Here i am, i downoaded the 1200BOOT.FIR, i've putted it on the rood of the sd with autoexec.bin and ML folder that i downloaded with "Latest_Buid_July_30". Then i get:
please wait...
ROM Backup...
EnableBootDisk...
:)

and then nothing. The screen goes black and then if i try to click on the bin nothing new happen.

Where i do any mistake?

MASlivak

Hi there,
I cant download the build, everytime i try i get a access denied...

From this url:  https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/1200d_new/downloads/Latest_Build_July_30.zip

Ahhh! I'm downloading from Brazil, is there any restriction?

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk

Walter Schulz

No problem here (Germany).
Are you able to access this directory?

VMS-studio

Alright guys, first post here and this whole thread is looking awesome. Thanks to everyone spending time on porting ML for 1200D.

I've read half of the thread and have done a few attempts at installing ML but so far I'm having the same issue as the few guys above.

What I've done:

1. Low Format the Card (tried both 2gb and 32gb cards, Got only those)
2. Put ML files from the latest build (july 30)
3. Add 1200D.fir from a few pages back
4. Used EOSboot utility linked above on Windows. Tried the same on Mac with the mac utility.
5. I also tried doing the same steps except doing step number 4 before tep 2 and 3
6. Turned on the camera with the card in it.
7. Firmware update>it proceeds to update, then jumps out of the update screen, shows the regular screen for a few mins, then goes to the photo view screen and shows a few steps (same as the guys from above were getting). It ends with a :) . It doesn't freeze the camera. All I can do is hit the shutter button or the play/preview button and it'll continue working all fine.

Now I've done this with full battery on as well as with the newest firmware installed before starting these steps (1.0.1 firmware)

What am I missing? What am I doing wrong? Could someone explain it a little more thoroughly? Step by step? I think what we all are doing wrong is the EOS step. The video didn't help as he uses it to download and place the files for already working builds. Not our case.

Cheers,

VVA at http://www.vms-studio.com

MASlivak

Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 28, 2016, 12:05:15 PM
No problem here (Germany).
Are you able to access this directory?
Thanks Walter, Today i got download the file. Maybe it was a temporary problem.

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk

BallisticHugs

For everyone having trouble installing Magic Lantern on the 1200D, I will do my best to try and explain how I installed it again.
I Unchecked low format and formatted the card on the camera and started from scratch to hopefully help some people, so here goes nothing.

Step 1: Formatted the card.
Step 2: Put ML files from latest build (July 30th). {ML+autoexec.bin}
Step 3: I Added the 1200BOOT.fir file to the main directory of the card.

Step 4: I ran the update from the camera without running the script that makes the card bootable and I got the ":)" error.
Step 5: I then put the card in my chromebook without adding/removing any files and I ran the script that makes the card bootable.

Step 6: I ejected my card and inserted into my camera and as soon as I turned it on It booted up showing the size of the card in the bottom right of the screen. If you hit the delete button the menu should show.

Here's a link for the make_bootable.sh file I used: make_bootable.sh
You can also download it from: https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/src/tip/contrib/make-bootable/

July 30th Build: https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/1200d_new/downloads/Latest_Build_July_30.zip

I hope this helps guys I tried my best to explain it and recreate the problem y'all are having. If y'all have any questions or problems let me know.

Don't skip any steps and run the script with sudo.

bakersdozen

Thank you for the detailed  explanation.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

EOS M + 5D3

VMS-studio

Alrighty thanks! That works! What I did is instead of the .sh file you linked (cause that didn't work for me ) I used the Macboot java app and ticked make Canon Bootable or something along those lines.

Once I booted I could get into the ML menu by clicking the bin button.

My only three comments are:
1. it's a little bugy, the visual draw of the elements in live view sometimes glitches. Ahhh, just like I remember ML to be. (used it on T4i back in the days)
2. I couldn't find my way to get into ML from movie mode. Any tips? I remember reading something baout this thru the thread but don't wanna go reread all 13 pages.
3. Setting Iso thru the flash button (enabled it in Cfn menu in Canon menu) is glitchy, the iso numbers disappear and you have to switch the iso to have them come back again.

Thanks guys, this is some great news!

EDIT: Just so that I get a better grasp of how ML works. Well at least this edition we got here. If I go to firmware update and try to uninstall it the way ML instructions go, I still get the Enable Boot disk :) etc. No way to disable it. Is this a type of a ML install that doesn't set boot disk enabled on the Camera? Also, will using a different SD card result in totally stock settings? Including the boot times. ML takes a little longer to boot. Does the time reduce if you're using non ML SD card?

BSTi

Quote2. I couldn't find my way to get into ML from movie mode. Any tips? I remember reading something baout this thru the thread but don't wanna go reread all 13 pages.

Found a way around it..

Set in Canon Menu Movie Exposure to Auto
and use Expo. Lock and Overide in Magiclantern..

BallisticHugs

Quote from: VMS-studio on August 29, 2016, 11:30:08 AM
EDIT: Just so that I get a better grasp of how ML works. Well at least this edition we got here. If I go to firmware update and try to uninstall it the way ML instructions go, I still get the Enable Boot disk :) etc. No way to disable it. Is this a type of a ML install that doesn't set boot disk enabled on the Camera? Also, will using a different SD card result in totally stock settings? Including the boot times. ML takes a little longer to boot. Does the time reduce if you're using non ML SD card?

Glad to hear you got it installed.

If you format the card it removes it. I've switched cards before and it runs normally like if ML was never installed it seems to me.

Sergio de la Torre

Quote from: BallisticHugs on August 29, 2016, 09:25:19 PM
If you format the card it removes it. I've switched cards before and it runs normally like if ML was never installed it seems to me.
You must to format it in the PC, the camera will left the ML files
5Dc - 1200D - 20D - 350D InfraRed

VMS-studio

Ahh gotcha guys. That's what I thought but I also read something about setting the boot flag on on the actual camera. Any tips on how to disable that? Or I shouldn't sweat it at all?

PS. I'm not gonna uninstall it> Just wanna get to know all the aspects about it