Canon 1200D

Started by akkotyni, July 12, 2014, 02:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk11174

Ok, Good, so there was no problem, just need to have modules in the folder to have it show menu.

Good time is OK now.

Ok, lets start fresh.

Here is a build where I just fixed LV addresses and turned on MZ, it also includes Calender Stub Fix.

Also for public release, best to disable features that cause green tint bug, leave that fix for developer with camera. see here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12627.msg170332#msg170332

Lets see how this build goes for a bit, check for that green tint issue and what alex asked a few posts ago, making sure things are aligned on focus peaking, and any other crashes.

Hopefully MZ works in this version and time is good, and maybe tint issue not happening???

1200D Build July 27 2016: Correct LV Buffer Addresses, Enable MZ, Calender Stub Fix, Disable FEATURE_LV_BRIGHTNESS_CONTRAST(green tint bug) and added selftest and bench modules.
https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/1200d_new/downloads/Latest_Build.zip

This is NOT the latest build anymore just to be clear, see Below at UPDATE:

Not going to update anymore until this version is 100% stable, or unless a bug is found and fixable. It gets way to confusing not knowing who is using what build when crashes happen.

Lets all confirm exactly what build you use when there is an issue, this way we can keep tracked of bugs.

Also, if you run selftest, dont worry about the 2 failing tests, ignore them for now, more details here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12627.msg170221#msg170221

Thanks!

UPDATE! Since users are saying they cant reproduce live view freeze, I will move forward  for you to play, but please remember this is still a new port, Bugs must be reported in detail, any issues, turn off camera right away and take out battery and start over.

Also best to start with cleaned memory card, delete any old ML folder and bin file first so no conflicts with module linking happen.
https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/1200d_new/downloads/Latest_Build_July_30.zip
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

Sergio de la Torre

Test
[FAIL] MEM(dialog->type) => 0x6e4944
       GUI_Control(BGMT_MENU, 0, 0, 0); msleep(500);
[FAIL] HALFSHUTTER_PRESSED => 0x0
       SW1(0,100)

Peaking / False color alignment: OK
Magic zoom: OK
LV tint: Not resolved
5Dc - 1200D - 20D - 350D InfraRed

mk11174

Ok thank you, you can ignore selftest Fails, see here :http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12627.msg170221#msg170221

So, now, as long as MZ is good with not causing cam to crash or do weird things, then right now, the Tint issue is the PRIORITY!

Would like more confirms about MZ, Time and Peaking though, making sure its not gonna be one of those random, it works it dont work deals.

New Build Here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12627.msg170329#msg170329

What about the ML Menu issue??? Does it open in all modes?

a1ex

For the green tint, you have two options:
- check the registers used by the features that cause it (see tweaks.c) with CONFIG_DIGIC_POKE (documented at http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Register_Map/Brute_Force ) and understand their meaning (something was changed on Canon's side, not sure what exactly)
- disable those features that cause it (FEATURE_LV_BRIGHTNESS_CONTRAST, FEATURE_LV_SATURATION, any others?)

m1k6

I can confirm MZ working. Clock is now correct, too.
@a1ex: LV Brightness and LV Contrast are causing the green tint. Saturation is working normally.

mk11174

OK Alex, for public version, I disabled that feature that was causing green tint, and will do so with any other feature reporting green tint bug.

That can be left for a developer with camera.

Go here for latest build with features that cause green tint disabled. Please report any other features that cause green tint to live view.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12627.msg170329#msg170329

Also, is anyone having issues in any mode, opening the ML Menu, turn your Knob to every mode and test to see if ML menu opens and closes.

When you guys fully test this version and feel no more bugs, I can add silent pictures and raw video for more tests, my personal tester already confirmed they are working, but I want to be sure the bugs are free from this version before it moves onto something new.

And then eventually you can have EXP menu added for manual control of ISO in movie mode, which will also allow HDR video to work, because you need manual control of ISO to use HDR feature, which does work, already tested, I just dont want to add features when other bugs are being reported.

Or you can compile yourself from this repo: https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/commits/branch/1200D and test that way, which is great.

m1k6

I did some testing about the ML-Menu (not) showing:
You can open the ML-Menu in P, Av, Tv, M and in Movie Mode.
However, in Movie Mode, the ML-Menu can only be opened, when in Canon Menu the movie exposure is set to auto. If it is set to manual it won't open.

2nd, but rather minor: The help files cannot be found.

Apart from this I did not find any error with the newest build (but I'm still testing ;) )

Sergio de la Torre

I confirm that about ML Menu.

When auto exposure in Video is disabled you can invoke the menu via the Av Button (also you can compensate expo +dial), but in manual mode this button only works for aperture.

Build 27Jul16 19:01 UTC

mathias

In my lastest vídeo I showed that when in Manual mode in LiveView you whant to chage mode the imagen freezes and camera freezes, batery remove is requeired to boot again, can you guys verify this in your cameras?

mk11174

I wonder if the button was set on purpose like this so it did not interfere with manual aperture control, cause if its set for ml menu, how would you control your aperture, so maybe it was done on purpose. These values are copied from 1100D.

a1ex

Quote from: mathias on July 28, 2016, 01:09:24 AM
In my lastest vídeo I showed that when in Manual mode in LiveView you whant to chage mode the imagen freezes and camera freezes, batery remove is requeired to boot again, can you guys verify this in your cameras?

To troubleshoot this one (or other similar problems):

- Start the camera by holding SET pressed at startup (ML loads and reserves memory for it, but other than that, it's inactive). Does the image freeze when you switch modes?

- Reset ML to defaults. Is the image still freezing when you switch modes?

- If yes, turn off whatever you can find in the menus. Does it help?

- If not, start enabling things until you find the setting that causes the error.

mk11174

Just for anyone curios, my tester and I just found out, that once we turn on ML Exposure Override, you will have manual control of ISO in Movie Mode even when your Exposure control in Canon is set to Auto.

So you wont need to worry about the ML Menu once Exp feature is added, because you can just leave Canon set to Auto for Movie Exposure control which is the setting you can get into ML Menu on.

This way you just use ML to change your ISO in Movie Mode, and we confirmed settings are really changing the Analog ISO, not digital.

I did jot down the gui events for the differ modes, maybe it can be coded to work regardless of what mode your in, but at least once exposure override is added to your build, you will have Manual control and be able to access menu.

So this at least is not a bug, just the way its coded for now.

These are the values changing per mode in case alex would like to look?
Manual Exposure  Movie Mode
61  = 1010006/75006098/25500301
61  = 3010006/75006098/25500101
4c

Auto Exposure  Movie Mode
61  = 3010040/0/0
61  = 1010040/0/0
4c

Here is code in gui.h
#define BGMT_AV (event->type == 0 && event->param == 0x61 && ( \
(is_movie_mode() && event->arg == 0xa) || \
(shooting_mode == SHOOTMODE_P && event->arg == 0xa) || \
(shooting_mode == SHOOTMODE_ADEP && event->arg == 0xa) || \
(shooting_mode == SHOOTMODE_AV && event->arg == 0xf) || \
(shooting_mode == SHOOTMODE_M && event->arg == 0xe) || \
(shooting_mode == SHOOTMODE_TV && event->arg == 0x10)) )

mk11174

Anyone get to testing what Alex said to track Image freeze bug? Maybe once this bug is figured out, we can move on if no more complaints with the build as is.

Confirmed Raw Video, Silent Pictures, Exposure override, and Dual ISO all working and ready for testing once we get this Image Freeze bug worked out.

I did update the repo with all the things needed to get MLV_REC, RAW_REC and DUAL_ISO, for personal testing, but would be nice to publicly keep this port moving and get rid of these bugs.

My personal tester and I are on opposite sleeping hours, we have been testing the cooler features to keep you guys pumped about whats to come with the port.

But I will have to work on this bug with him as we get time to connect, but don't know how much free time we will get to do this.

So if anyone can please go through the procedure alex mentioned here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12627.msg170362#msg170362  that will be great.

PLEASE UPDATE in as much detail as possible, videos are useful as well.

Sergio de la Torre

I can't reproduce the frozen screen bug, but  A1ex' procedure (startup pressing SET) doesn't boot ML

m1k6

With the current build I cannot reproduce this bug.
In the video he was using a older version, with the wrong liveview address, I think.
Correct me, if I'm wrong.

mk11174

Yeah, thats what it is suppose to do, not load ML, it does but basically not the menu, he wanted to see if the bug was a memory thing, barely loading stuff to not use memory as much, then switching modes to try to make it crash, if it doesnt crash this way, but crashes when everything loaded, that would mean it was a memory thing.

He is trying to narrow the bug down this way.

But if you cant reproduce the issue while magic lantern is fully loaded, then its not going to help track bug down. So hopefully Mathias will test more, and see if its crashing everytime when he switches modes, only testing using latest version in this forum, not older ones or custom ones he might be compiling himself, only way to track this down if its really a problem.

Try fully loading ML with features, use MZ on and off, play with FPS a bit, then while in PHOTO Live view mode, switch modes like M, TV, AV, etc.. see if it freezes LV image, if so, go back, take battery out restart, try again, loading ML, testing MZ a few times, then switch modes again, if it doesnt Freeze, could mean its something with FPS feature, if it does freeze, the FPS is not the issue since you did not touch it this run.

The do this all again to see if its a MZ issue, this time load all features, plat with FPS feature, but not MZ, if it doesnt freeze, means its probably MZ, if it does freeze still, it means its neither MZ or FPS features, could be another feature loaded, try loading everything, except Histogram, play with MZ and FPS, etc.. keep doing this, taking one thing out each time until something stops it from freezing, thats how you will track down the bug. But none of it will help, unless its something that can be reproduced everytime.

If this turns out to be not an issue, I will start loading other things to get this port moving for testing of RAW and Dual ISO.

Yes, very possible could of been an old build with wrong LV address, not sure, or that buggy July 27th version, I have no idea what was up with that build, should not of been buggy like that.

Maybe if Mathias can confirm this, and all is fine now, I will move foward????

Sergio de la Torre

Finally I have a working compiler

About last build:
- ETTR hint at histogram disappeared
- Dual ISO video doesn't work
- Not enough memory if lua module is enabled

mk11174

For Dual ISO video to work, you need to define Property Request at your own risk, this will give you EXP menu, you will then need to turn on Exposure Override feature and set the ISO with ML to say 100, then DUAL ISO in video mode will work, it needs Manual control of ISO to work.

And if your compiling, did you enable the correct things in Internals? Everything in the Repo is up to date with the build in here, except I didn't add the modules for RAW Video or MLV because Raw Video was disabled in Internals until we got this build stable, also did not include Dual ISO module because it could not be used without Property Request defined because of needing manual control of ISO, but property request is the last thing you want to enable on the list.

As far as not enough memory, just undefine some of the stuff your not interested in inside all-features.h  undef them in your platform directory in features.h. This will help.

Also you can just remove some of the scripts from the Scripts folder, this will def help, just add one at a time until it runs out of memory, then take 1 or 2 out.

mk11174

Moved forward since you guys decided to anyway, want to make sure the right things get enabled so when bugs are reported, you will have a build that is known, you can't report bugs on a custom build if you want help because it will be to hard to know where bug came from if random things are enabled and disabled on each build.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12627.msg170329#msg170329

BigMikeD

been away for a while and still getting my feet wet.  with these posted builds will i still have to use the 1200BOOT.FIR to set the boot flag?  i read that the MLinstaller does this but wasnt sure if your builds were far enough along to have this included.  as always thank you guys so much!  just reading the progress is awesome.

mk11174

Yes, use the boot1200D.fir file if you have not done so already, then for whatever card you use, use EOScard utility to make card bootable, then install ML from the zip file onto card.

It does not have the regular FIR file like the main model cameras have that does it all.

MustangXPress7

So as I'm testing ML on my 1200D and it happened to crash, here is my .LOG for the people working on it!
I was testing RAW video and it just reached 1728 of resolution with my SD Card (1920 is Full HD res, to have a reference) and just 2 sec of clip, due to a "frame skipping" issue.
Here is the .LOG (Tested on 28 July nightly, as shown on the code):

[5] raw_rec_task: NULL PTR (4,e1a00000)
pc=   c5c88 lr=  ceb98c stack=163d68+0x1000
entry=badfc8(0)
e1a00000   350014 3b28281c  100c031
  d33600 e1a00000 e59ff010 e59ff010

Magic Lantern version : Nightly.2016Jul28.1200D101
Mercurial changeset   : a1fa773fa8d7+ (1200D)
Built on 2016-07-29 01:42:29 UTC by mathew@mathew-VirtualBox-15.
Free Memory  : 155K + 1067K

(I also have a 1MB .DAT but I don't know if you also need it. I'll keep it for safety)

Thanks to all the people involved in this project as always!

mk11174

I would not even try 1728 res, the card writing hardware in camera is was to slow, Raw video might not really be fun at all with the camera unless your maybe doing low fps timelapse video.

But anyways, we would need more info, like were you using complete default settings of ML or did you disable any features or enable any features before or during using it.

You would need to try disabling features one by one and keep testing same way until crash hopefully stops, then if it does, turn on other features besides the one that made it stop crashing and try to see if maybe its a certain feature making it crash, or maybe one to many features loaded while using it.

This camera runs out of memory fast, so dont turn any modules on unless you need them, like mlv_rec mlv_snd, dual_iso, lua, ettr turn set all these to off in the modules menu if your doing raw_rec only.

Try lower resolution, Canon should be set to 1920x1080 24p in canon menu for best results, my tester recorded fine setting the res in Raw Video menu to 1280x720 and in the FPS override menu he was able to set that to 10fps and it recorded for a good while.

Test with and without Dual ISO.

Also inside Raw_Rec, try disable small_hacks option, try with and without, see what happens, try mlv_rec, see if that one works with more success.

Also, after a crash, go to debug menu and go to free memory, so if any errors there, maybe get screenshot of it.

Thanks for testing!

For any Developers: I have the correct Dialog Refresh address set at same spot 550D, 600D, and 700D have it set to. In case you were wondering.
Highlighted in pictures.

Sergio de la Torre

Do you know what's the maximum write speed of the card interface?

mk11174

No idea exactly, but from the bench test it dont look any faster then 21mb/s most time seems to be worse. but no lower then 11mb/s.  Seems to be like the 1100D.

Formatting with Exfat didnt seem to help either, I just think the hardware is very limited on this one when it comes to recording raw frames, or because of low buffer to hold frames before writing.

Try silent picture, use End Trigger, how many are being held in memory while holding half shutter, if its less then 41, thats not good, it would mean you would not faster writing speed to make up for it I guess, and your bench test does not show very good speeds.

Give an example, on my T5i/700D I get 41 frames held in buffer while holding half shutter in End Trigger mode with silent pictures, my writing speed is around 40mb/s so I just reach the limit for 1280x720@24fps Raw Video. I also use 95mb/s card, so shows card has nothing to do with it, its all in the hardware. You can see mine is 16M from picture.