Aperture is Useless in 1100d's ML

Started by DavidML, June 29, 2014, 05:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidML

Aperture can change the different of the DEPTH OF FIELD of a fottage...
I want to ask,why Magic Lantern put something that is useless???

This is what happened
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUuI62YP3jk

Even though i set the apreture to f/22 or f/23
it didn't show up any DEEP DEPTH OF FIELD???

And i also don't know why,when i change the value of the Aperture
It flicker in the screen...???

Just watch the video carefully...
Can anyone tell me what should i do..???
Is this a bug too???

dmilligan

Can't reproduce.  Setting Av works just fine here. Reset all Canon and ML settings. This seems like the exact same issues as your other post. You have also neglected a lot of pertinent information such as ML version/date and lens

DavidML

My problem was in Movie Mode not in AV mode ok,bro....

dmilligan

Quote from: DavidML on June 30, 2014, 02:33:40 PM
My problem was in Movie Mode not in AV mode ok,bro....
I know, I simply abbreviated aperture as "Av" => setting the lens aperture in movie mode works just fine. I wasn't talking about Aperture Priority mode. Though, I had to figure out myself that you were talking about movie mode, because you never actually stated it bro...

Did you bother to try my suggestion? Have an answer for my other questions?

FluidMovementMovies

Hi, I got the same problem shown in the video. When I try to change the aperture it does nothing. I'm using the February 20 (2015) nightly build, and my lens are the 18-55 IS II. I also have the flickering issue when pointing to lights or windows (usually overxposed areas near to correctly exposed).
Canon EOS 70D     |       Canon 18-55 EF f/4-5.6 II      |       Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM    |       Tokina 12-24 f/4           |          Canon 24-105 f/4

dmilligan

Reproduced. It only happens with the 18-55mm. Expo override doesn't work, basically it can't set the aperture of the lens. Same in Movie mode or photo LV.