[DONE] creative filters

Started by calypsob, July 08, 2012, 04:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calypsob

The canon creative filters in models such as the 600d are cool but they are so simple I usually don't bother with them.  It would really be cool if magic lantern could somehow incorporate new filters that could be used in live view and film mode or if it could just give users more tweakability over the existing creative filters.  The toy filter is kind of like instagram, but its not as capable as instagram, however I have a feeling that it could be with some tweaks.  Also the toy filter is said to miniaturize things, it has never really worked for me but it would be great if it worked better and if you could use it in film mode!  I have no idea if any of this is possible but it could be alot of fun to have more in camera effect power that saved time in post processing.  Another idea I had was to incorporate color filters, alot of them at that, like the 85b warming filter for warming up images with flash, an opacity function with color filters would be great.  Im not sure if all of this would work but I would happily store some extra effects on my card if it gave me the capabilities to do some serious image tweaking that I didn't have to mess with later in photoshop.  And of course in the ideal setting these tweaked images would be saved as a copy of the original just like the main cannon function allows.  Once again, I have no idea if this is possible but thanks for listening!
Full spectrum T2i
T3i

a1ex

calypsob

Ok I have honestly read through the manual twice but the closest thing I could find was slit pic images.  Maybe these features are not available on the 600d version?
Full spectrum T2i
T3i

a1ex

Movie menu, image effects.

For discovering more filters, see here: https://groups.google.com/group/ml-devel/browse_thread/thread/bc87f877c0e5f8aa

We can only use what Canon has already built in - and those can only be found by blind trial and error.

romero91

selective colour effect is possible incorporate in ML?
Thanks!

a1ex

It seems to be there, but it's not yet fully understood how to configure the color.

a1ex

Just found my notes on this:

For example, C0F0F3C4 looks like a color filter (like in Canon
compacts - everything grayscale except for some color). By default, it
leaves blues and greens and desaturates reds. If you enable that and
play with neighbour registers, you can saturate the reds back.

romero91

Quote from: a1ex on July 13, 2012, 10:33:39 PM
Just found my notes on this:

then it is possible in the next version of ML? :D

PD: I've also seen Canon compact cameras have this function, the EOS series no.
(Sorry for my bad english level)
Thanks Alex!

calypsob

Full spectrum T2i
T3i