Bulb Ramping Calibration Fails (60D)

Started by Rehaan, July 07, 2012, 09:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rehaan

Hi all,

I tried searching the forum but couldn't find any specific solution on this.

I was wondering if maybe i am missing an essential step or setting?

I follow the instructions on the user guide (http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/userguide#bulb_focus_ramping) - but it still always says :
- Scene too bright
- Scene too dark
- Scene not static

Sometimes (rare) it finishes with a flat graph. Other times it only gets half way through that graph. ONCE i got a nice S curve. But most of the times, the graph doesn't even begin to plot.

Here's a video i made to show you guys the procedure i follow and what happens. (I didn't use manual WB - but the same thing happens if i do).

Can i make it work somehow? or is this a bug that will be fixed in the upcoming release?

Thanks for the help and thanks again for the AWESOMENESS that is ML. :)
-R

Rehaan

Thanks!!

Calibration successful. Time to put it through a real test now!

Also this version seems to have fixed the problem i was having with FPS override earlier (even at very low FPS, the buffer would run out - now it doesn't even cross 20%).

Cheers,
R

imagecatcher

Quote from: a1ex on July 07, 2012, 09:29:36 AM
Try with http://bit.ly/ml-may15 .
Delete - I just noticed the big sticky on how to update...I did exactly this anyway but didnt work, or should I have left it blinking longer (got scared)
I have the same issue on my 600D. I am not familiar with what to do with the autoexec.bin file....Well I know not to simply replace the one on the card cause that didn't work, camera just blinked till I removed the battery.
Is there an instruction on how to do these little updates?
Troy

Malcolm Debono

You just need to replace the autoexec.bin file to update to a more recent build. Be aware though that if you're upgrading to ML 2.3, it's best to start from scratch (format sd card with ML in camera and remove it) since the folder structure is different.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

a1ex

Actually I'm not 100% sure it works in 2.3, but I remember Bart tried it before RC1. I didn't touch bulb ramping in RC updates anyway.