Problems with dual ISO

Started by painya, June 02, 2014, 08:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

painya

Hey, it seems that this plug in isn't recognizing my shadow recover ISO. I believe it was 800 in this image.

I also have an image that is just at ISO 100 and the same shot. It matches the processed one almost perfectly.
Edit: Running v2.1
Here's the image in original form
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9631r7ibc6e0h05/AABnzLDZ1XOvVPw7s0AuoQeFa
Good footage doesn't make a story any better.

Walter Schulz

Can you provide a link to the Dual ISO file (= Out of cam)?

painya

Walter Schulz

I asked for the file out-of-the-cam, not a processed one.

painya

All i did was change the WB. I will upload one and post it after reading metadata from file.

Walter Schulz

If this was the only change you did: Check your computer for viruses and trojans.

painya

Walter Schulz

painya

Ok, I pulled this directly off of the SD card. Hopefully this is it. Thank you for your help
http://www.upload.ee/files/4084307/IMG_0763.CR2.html
Edit: Is Upload.ee changing the format to Tiff?

painya

Walter Schulz

Quote from: painya on June 02, 2014, 08:07:52 AM
Here's the image in original form
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9631r7ibc6e0h05/AABnzLDZ1XOvVPw7s0AuoQeFa

No, it is not. Your JPEG is 0762, linked file is 0763.

Let us start over: What is your problem in which file?

painya

When I tried to convert the Dual ISO file the shadows were lost. Would you like me to upload 0762?

painya

Here is what my problem is. I lose the shadow recovery.

Walter Schulz

That's not a LR plug-in error. This plug-in is a wrapper for cr2hdr and cr2hdr is discussed here!

a1ex

Looks OK to me in ufraw, with both cr2hdr versions (16 and 20 bit). However, the DR of the scene looks too high to me (I couldn't really get a natural-looking result) and the sky was a little overexposed.

My settings for the HDR script:

overall_bias = 0                                    # exposure compensation, in EV
highlight_level = 20000                             # decrease for stronger highlight recovery
midtone_level = 20000                               # median exposure
shadow_level = 50000                                # increase for stronger shadow recovery
ev_step = 1                                         # EV step size for bracketed exposures (larger values may cause halos, smaller values are very slow)
fullsize = True                                     # develop full size (turn off for higher speed)
ufraw_options = "--temperature=6000 --green=1 " \
                "--restore=lch --saturation=1.5 "   # customize ufraw parameters (tip: you can also open a file in ufraw, tweak settings in the GUI and save an ID file)
expo_blender = "enfuse --gray-projector=value"      # customize enfuse parameters (tip: tweak --exposure-sigma to adjust contrast and highlight recovery behavior)

painya

I just used the non-plug in Cr2Hdr found www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8738.0 and I still am not achieving your results A1ex. I see you used your automatic colorgrading script as well, but did you use a different Cr2Hdr than I did?

painya

Quite clearly this is my issue and I am doing something wrong. Here I have a screen capture video (highly compressed, but you get the idea) Showing exactly what I do. Any issues you see (PS. it may seem different, but I dropped the image from the SD card, to the folder onto Cr2HDR.)
Thanks again guys
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bkr2k9v7a5xef8j/video.avi
Sorry about the crappy quality

Audionut

Look at my screenshot again, and make note of the exposure adjustments.

painya

Quote from: Audionut on June 03, 2014, 08:27:28 AM
Look at my screenshot again, and make note of the exposure adjustments.
Ah, I see. Thank you for resolving this!