600D/T3i: Why no camera-specific discussion?

Started by John Latter, May 24, 2014, 08:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Latter

Hi,

I'm new to Magic Lantern and also to DLSR photography. I have a Canon 600D and I was wondering why it doesn't have its own entry in the "Camera-specific discussion" forum.

I find looking for info about the 600D in these forums quite bewildering - do I just have to persevere, or can anyone provide a few pointers?

John Latter

John Latter

If no-one answers soon, I'm gonna hold my breath 'til my face turns blue!

Like this:

See?

Audionut

Lol. 

When a developer finds the time to get the installer working, I'll start a thread.

nachordez

But ML is working fine in 600D sine long time ago... (Except for last weeks betas' non compiling, obviously...)
EOS 600D  /  OpenSuse 13.1

escho

Next weekend,  I can setup my computer for compiling ML again. Than I´ll try to fix the stuff, which let ML not compile at the moment for 600D.

Edgar
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

nachordez

John Latter

Thank you, Audionut, nachordez, and escho!

kihlbahkt

This is the first I've heard about compile issues with 600D. Have not used a May nightly so no problems seen here but 600d is my workhorse so I will be keeping an eye out for a resolution on this one. I'm considering going back to to v2.3 and see how much it has changed from Feb and Apr builds I am running now and what I might miss, just for nostalgic reasons.
600D x2

Thejungle

Hello. I just wanted to ask what is the situation with the 600D. Why we have not specific thread anymore? Are there problems with that model? Will there be any updates? Some official info on the forum could be good. Thanks.

rsmith02

I don't believe we ever had a specific thread on this forum, so that apparently will come soon.

For the other question the recent builds were intentionally broken as part of an overall fixing of the code a couple weeks ago, and nobody has yet done what is needed to bring the 600D back. One developer wrote that he's working on it. If you have a working nightly build, just keep using it for now. I'd never go back to 2.3 myself!

escho

It´s quite simple.

The newer nightlies don´t compile, because there are some stubs missing for 600D. I found these stubs. But I´m not sure, they are correct. So this must be doublechecked by a dev with a 600D. Until the correctness of these stubs isn´t confirmed, I don´t add them to the repo.

Edgar

a1ex

nachordez

rsmith02

nachordez

First of all, thanks to escho for returning 600D nightlies to life again! :-)

But... I own a 600D, and I've just tried to use the new build, Jun/10. I've deleted the config folder contents, of course. It loads fine... till I activate the dual_iso module. Then it refuses to load any more, if module is activated. Camera freezes in the first seconds (before even showing the free space in card) and I have to take out battery. And next time it wakes, of course, but, so that it was not cleanly shut down, not loading modules. Next time I tried to start it (so to load dual_iso), freezes again. No problem with some other modules, I didn't tried everyone, but did with advanced intervalometer, auto ETTR, file manager... and none of them gave problems.

Si, it seems to be only the dual_iso.mo the only to freeze my camera. So, I'm returning to previous nightly I was using (Apr/9, I think), which worked fine by now.

I don't know how could I give more information, till camera freezes before being able to do nothing when the module is tried to load at start. I there's something I can do to help, please, tell me.

Thanks

BTW: I've post that also on the nightlies thread. Don't know which one is the most proper for this information. Feel free to delete any of both post if one of them is not in place, being redundant.

a1ex

Can other 600D users confirm the problem?

If not, does it help if you format the card and start fresh?

escho

No problem here. Module loads, no freeze.

Edgar

dslrrookie2

Quote from: a1ex on June 11, 2014, 08:12:42 PM

No problem here ... all modules load normally.

nachordez

Quote from: a1ex on June 11, 2014, 08:12:42 PM

I'll try that and report.

nachordez

It was a bit tricky, but finally after formatting and all process, it's working. I'll try more deeply, but by now it loads modules without problems. :-)

The strange thing was that after I wrote, was not even booting, neither with other small card (non exFAT) that I have ready with ML and firmware bin for cases like that. And when I made it boot without card (and pulling out battery) firmware had return to non-ML autonomously...

So I had to update firmware also, format card in computer (something seemed corrupted), format again in camera, make bootable, etc.

But it's working now!

Thanks

Thejungle

Hi guys! And thank you Escho! What a good news I can tune my camera again! And thanks to all ML team. Happy shooting! ;)