Lilliput 664 O/P

Started by TheYan, May 18, 2014, 11:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheYan

I got myself a new Lilliput monitor it's very light and high resolution, however it's not really possible to use it with ML.
See the picture below. It creates an ML video rectangle inside the "canons" video rectangle. So the crop-marks as well as its bounds are not correct and ML info is covering the video.

Maybe there are some setting that I need to adjust or something inside the monitor settings? Anyone experienced with their monitors? It think I tried the most.
For now the only option I see is using mirroring mode but then all the awesome features of ML are gone. This monitor can display focus peaking, histogram... and create its own crop-marks but would be nice if it was possible to get a full screen image with ML.

ItsMeLenny

I had similar (but worse) problems when I plugged my camera into a 16:10 monitor (1650x1080).
For me there wasn't really a solution, but for you there may be! :P

2 things:
In the "Display" tab, go down to "Advance settings"
In here you may need to do "Force HDMI-VGA"
And also! You can try changing the "Screen Layout"
(Put it to "16:9 HDMI,t/b" or "Bottom,under 16:9").

Hope that solves your problem.

TheYan

"Force HDMI-VGA" didn't do anything at all, even when I restarted the device.. hmmm...
3:2 screen layout seems to work the best because 16:19 puts info bar lower, thus covering more of the picture

TheYan

Okay, now that I actually checked what's going on, it seems like ML overlays are not all wrong here.
The monitor is advertised as 16:9 ratio but in fact its specs states a native resolution of 1280×800, which is not 16:9 aspect and that's why I though ML messed up.
As you can see, the picture produced from the camera is not 16:9 1080p but ML's overlays are. So all ML info are outside the image I capture and those little bits that are seen to the right and to the left are there just for lolz.
Crop marks are also correct this is in fact 2.35:1.
The only thing ML masses up are it's right and left bounds. They should be fully extended to the edge, probably that's why it is possible to see the image to the right and left of the info display as it is not covered in black like in LiveView. That shouldn't be a very hard fix to implement?

a1ex

From the screenshot, I assume you are talking about 5D3 1.2.3. On HDMI, the aspect ratio is different from all other cameras, and this part is not solved yet, so the only workaround right now is to downgrade to 1.1.3.

dpjpandone

50D has the same behavior with raw framelines not covering the edges of image.

budafilms

Can someone see the ML Menu by HDMI?
Not only when you press Trash button.

Thanks.

djefaivre

Hi,

I know it's weird but I solved this problem on my 7D by taking a pictures while in live view mode. The crop rectangle disappear then.