Best lossless workflow for 5D mkii in premiere pro cs5?

Started by Peter Morrissey, May 18, 2014, 03:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Morrissey

Shooting in 24fps 1080p I'm getting really good footage and my 64 bit win 7 system seems to be coping fine with multicam editing of dramatic dialogues in PP cs5. I output into uncompressed avi and still there seems to be quite a lot of loss, particularly in the colours. Any suggested alternative workflows to prevent loss would be appreciated.

reddeercity

Quote from: Peter Morrissey on May 18, 2014, 03:30:02 AM
Shooting in 24fps 1080p I'm getting really good footage and my 64 bit win 7 system seems to be coping fine with multicam editing of dramatic dialogues in PP cs5. I output into uncompressed avi and still there seems to be quite a lot of loss, particularly in the colours. Any suggested alternative workflows to prevent loss would be appreciated.
Mostly AVI's are just 8bit RGB(444) or 422 unless you have the AJA AVI codec (R10g) installed , so you are more then likely stepping on the quality to much. Try QT file type like "blackmagic 10 RGB codec".
But I don't know your Complete workflow, how are you progressing your raw files from the Camera ?
And how are you grading the image, ACR ?
A little more info will help .  :)

chmee

check if you're somewhere stucked to Video(16-235) instead of RGB(0-255)-Valuerange. search for "premiere broadcast levels" or "premiere 16 235"
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]