9th May & Fireworks / CANON 6D RAW / Resolve

Started by jackmoro, May 17, 2014, 10:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackmoro

The day of 9th May.

Stabilization: Manfrotto 560-B (most unsteady monopod ever)
Magic Lantern RAW 14bit video.
Graded in Davinci Resolve. Editing and final curves in Sony Vegas.

http://vimeo.com/95606838

KelvinK

Amazing music + visuals composition!
What ISO did you use for low light shots?
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

jackmoro

KelvinK

Quote from: jackmoro on May 23, 2014, 07:05:24 PM
1250. I think it's fairly good :)

I've huge problems with any iso above 1600 on my camera, basically camera turns as bad for low-light when you shoot in RAW. Still see good low light shots on 5d3, probably it handle it better somehow. Didn't have chance to make comparision with same light conditions with both cameras at same time.
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

jackmoro

Quote from: KelvinK on July 08, 2014, 07:38:28 AM
I've huge problems with any iso above 1600 on my camera, basically camera turns as bad for low-light when you shoot in RAW. Still see good low light shots on 5d3, probably it handle it better somehow. Didn't have chance to make comparision with same light conditions with both cameras at same time.

Noise at 3200 can be very bad without good lighting. It's very same on 5d3 tho.

CreativeEndeavor

I really enjoyed this film.  The firework shots are great!

Can I ask what settings you were using to slow down the fireworks?  ISO, Shutter Speed, Aperture, FPS?  Did you use After Effects or another program to slow down the footage in Post?

jackmoro

Quote from: CreativeEndeavor on August 14, 2014, 08:07:05 AM
I really enjoyed this film.  The firework shots are great!

Can I ask what settings you were using to slow down the fireworks?  ISO, Shutter Speed, Aperture, FPS?  Did you use After Effects or another program to slow down the footage in Post?

Thanx for watching.
ISO was 800-1250 as I recall, shutter was 1/33 for blur effect and FPS was 30. I used optical flow effect.