Cannot bypass ML at startup on T3i/600D - SOLVED

Started by HD Cam Team, April 18, 2014, 12:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HD Cam Team

Hello,

Sorry if this was already asked but couldn't find any answer yet.

I cannot bypass ML 2.3 at start up by pressing & holding the SET button on the T3i/600D (firmware 1.0.2).

The User Guide tells it can be done this way, but it doesn't work. I also tested pressing and holding PLAY button, but doesn't work either.

Any help please?, since sometimes I don't want to load ML on this card, but can't avoid it (yet)

Thank you very much in advance!

------------

EDIT # 2: Now it seems the ML load bypass by pressing & holding "SET" button does work even when turning the camera on in Movie mode. I don't really know why it didn't work before, weird.

EDIT - SOLUTION FOUND:

The User Guide says "Press and hold SET at startup to bypass ML only once (for the current session)."
This is true and DOES work, BUT only if you turn the camera on with the main dial in M mode, at least on the T3i/600D

Cheers!!
HD Cam Team
Web:
www.HDCamTeam.com | Twitter: @HDCamTeam | Facebook: HDCamTeam

HD Cam Team

Nobody has any idea why it doesn't work on my 600D or how to bypass ML at startup by other way?

Thanks!
HD Cam Team
Web:

kihlbahkt

I am running nightly feb25 and it works for both of my 600D. I remember it working when I last ran v2.3. None of that helps you though. Make sure you are holding in the SET button as you turn on the device. Make a two handed operation. I must say beyond testing that it worked I never use this bypass option.
600D x2

HD Cam Team

Quote from: kihlbahkt on April 19, 2014, 02:19:06 AM
I am running nightly feb25 and it works for both of my 600D. I remember it working when I last ran v2.3. None of that helps you though. Make sure you are holding in the SET button as you turn on the device. Make a two handed operation. I must say beyond testing that it worked I never use this bypass option.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I really make sure that I press and hold the SET button when turning on the camera (two hands operation as you suggested), but it does not bypass the ML load

I tested several times with no luck... Even tested pressing & holding PLAY button (and other buttons too, just in case) but nothing changes.

I really don't understand why it doesn't work!!
HD Cam Team
Web:

HD Cam Team

UPDATE - EDIT: Now it seems the ML load bypass by pressing & holding "SET" button does work even when turning the camera on in Movie mode. I don't really know why it didn't work before, weird.

---------

-- SOLUTION FOUND --

The User Guide says "Press and hold SET at startup to bypass ML only once (for the current session)."

This is true and DOES work, BUT only if you turn the camera on with the main dial in M mode, at least on the T3i/600D. I use to have main dial in Movie mode, so it did not work.

Hopes this helps someone else too.

Cheers!
HD Cam Team
Web: