Canon 5D3 HDR video problem!

Started by xxzzxx, April 12, 2014, 01:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xxzzxx

Hello

im new to magic lantern and magic lantern forum, not sure if this is the correct place to ask question please let me know if im in the wrong place!

try to use magic lantern to shoot  normal video and HDR video with tripod and video head.

question 1/ when i shoot normal video the live viewer keep changing between bright and dark every 2 to 3 sec just like when shooting with HDR video and for sure I had turn off the HDR video function" it didn't effect the video image but really annoying is this normal?  "

question 2/ turn on the camera idling sitting on the table I heard a very little electronic noise from the camera and after 4 to 5 mins of idling the camera got very warm is it normal?

question 3/ with HDR video using the HDR workflow follow instruction install avisynth video name change to raw and click main for virtual dub to work itself, using adobe premiere to combine all the C image virtual dub create but the video is lag and im shooting 1920 with 30fps now sure with the problem was hoping there is an answer.

Thank you

donjames150

Quote from: xxzzxx on April 12, 2014, 01:41:08 AM
Hello

im new to magic lantern and magic lantern forum, not sure if this is the correct place to ask question please let me know if im in the wrong place!

try to use magic lantern to shoot  normal video and HDR video with tripod and video head.

question 1/ when i shoot normal video the live viewer keep changing between bright and dark every 2 to 3 sec just like when shooting with HDR video and for sure I had turn off the HDR video function" it didn't effect the video image but really annoying is this normal?  "

question 2/ turn on the camera idling sitting on the table I heard a very little electronic noise from the camera and after 4 to 5 mins of idling the camera got very warm is it normal?

question 3/ with HDR video using the HDR workflow follow instruction install avisynth video name change to raw and click main for virtual dub to work itself, using adobe premiere to combine all the C image virtual dub create but the video is lag and im shooting 1920 with 30fps now sure with the problem was hoping there is an answer.

Thank you

For question 1, it sounds like you turned HDR off in Magic Lantern, right? I always turn my camera off then back on, holding the set button to switch from any HDR function to normal shooting. That should fix that problem.

For 2, since you are using an Alpha version of ML, it's safest to not leave your camera idling when ML is turned on. It's an alpha version and not totally stable yet.

For 3, I don't know, I use the interframe script start to finish.
EOS 760D + 55-250mm + Tokina 11-16mm

theg

For hdr video you need to record  in 720p/60 fps to achieve in post process smooth final clip in 30 fps
Using Tapatalk