Need tutorial on how to update

Started by Kmot, June 28, 2012, 06:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kmot

Hey guys,

I struggle with everything computer related, and that includes cameras and smartphones, etc. I manage to get by for the most part, but some things I just can't seem to get.

I have Magic Lantern installed OK on my Canon T3i/600D. It is the version from last Christmas. I have never updated it, even though there have been several. Because, I do not understand all those 'computer speak' pages I see on the forum and what I need to do to update my software.

Can someone take pity on an old geezer and hold my hand and walk me through the update process?  :-[

Thanks!  :)

Francis

Currently the latest test version is from May 15th. Go to https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/ml-devel/SG2c_ckSHO0 and find Alex's post from May 15. Attached to that post is a download for the file autoexec.bin. This file is the only one needed to upgrade or update your ML installation.

Just download that file and copy it to your memory cards in the base or root directory, replacing the file named autoexec.bin that is already there. That's it. You are probably more savvy than you give yourself credit for if you 1) successfully installed ML in the first place and 2) have found ML useful to you and are interested in the newer features.

Good luck and let us know if you have any more problems. Future updates will be easier to find once the newest version, 2.3 is released.

Kmot

Kmot

Updated easily, because you made it easy! Thanks again.  :)