Lightroom plugin cr2hdr v3.0 DEV (WIP)

Started by kichetof, March 18, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kichetof

New version

Download cr2hdr.3.0-170316-02-MLV-DEV

• Fixed a bug
  • Added subfolder option with video infos (frames, fps)

Let me know!

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: kichetof on March 16, 2017, 09:58:13 PM
@DeafEyeJedi I need to catch this error. Could you explain me what did you do ? (in details)

To use the plugin, go in Library Module, select a Folder inside your tree (a folder that contains MLV files) and then go to Library Menu -> Plug-in Extras -> Import MLV file

Actually learned that this bug I encountered earlier may have something to do with not having additional files other than MLV's. Decided to include another file (be it CR2 or .mov) to enable out the selected library in order for LR & your plugin to respond properly together. Here's a screenflow and you will see in the first minute or so which shows me adding a random .mov file into the folder (full of MLV's) which then worked with the plugin afterwards. Not with just MLV's alone within the Folder for whatever reason.

https://vimeo.com/208752099

FYI I ran this with the latest cr2hdr.3.0-170316-02-MLV-DEV and as always Thanks for the quick updates @kichetof!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Danne

About HDR and even exporting highres ProRes and even proxy it should be doable since we now have folders with dng files to work with from within lightroom. Not sure if that is something you thought about but let me know if interested and I can post some piping commands which works with dcraw and ffmpeg.

NoCp_Albert

@kichetof

I try the new version also in WIN 10 with the additional Video Info's, works very nice. Thanks for your work, @kichetof
If you can realize some of the Proposal's from @Danne" together with him will be also very interesting and make workflows easier
EOS 5D3 -113,-123, EOS 7D2, EOS 400, Lens EF16-35 f4 L, EF35 f2 IS, EF85 f1.8, EF 24-105 f4 L, EF 100-400 L II, EF 600 f4 L, Samyang 14mm f2.8, Canon Tc 1,4III, Kenko Tc 1,4 DGC

kichetof

@DeafEyeJedi yeah great news! There are 2 bugs that I fixed yesterday :)
You could create a new folder in LR and simply copy paste your MLV files inside (without Lightroom importation context). The only mandatory thing is that the folder is in the LR database (it's why you need to use an existing or a new one created by LR)

@Danne & @NoCp_Albert it could be a good idea!
Could you list me all features that you would like in the plugin ? Now I'm little bit confused with new features requested.

And need to be cross platform compatible.

Before to add new features, I'll merge MLV to final version and DEV status will be finished.
Could you confirm me that everything works well with DNG and MLV for you ?

After that, I'll move cr2hdr conversion to Library Plug-in Extras to be able to chain it with MLV and I'll add new features :) I think it's the good way!

NoCp_Albert

@kichetof

for me works ok in Windows 10.

If you ask for some more, I always use Auto ETTR with link to dual-ISO function. In other words, the Camera decides depending on the lighting conditions whether dual ISO with different ISO settings works. Is there a way when importing files to the MLV distinguish between normal and dual-ISO shots and these in separate folder to import? So we can move forword with the "Normal" MLV Files and start the Dual ISO conversion separated.
EOS 5D3 -113,-123, EOS 7D2, EOS 400, Lens EF16-35 f4 L, EF35 f2 IS, EF85 f1.8, EF 24-105 f4 L, EF 100-400 L II, EF 600 f4 L, Samyang 14mm f2.8, Canon Tc 1,4III, Kenko Tc 1,4 DGC

Danne

Here we go. Piping fiesta. Should work in windows as well but the pipe command looks different. HDR piping at the bottom. These options should maybe be put into the MLV menu?

ProRes4444
find . -maxdepth 1 -iname '*.dng' -print0 | xargs -0 dcraw +M -c -6 -W -q 3 $H $a  | ffmpeg $wav -f image2pipe -vcodec ppm -r "$fps" -i pipe:0 $sd -vcodec prores_ks -pix_fmt yuv444p10 -n -r "$fps" "name".mov

ProRes proxy
find . -maxdepth 1 -iname '*.dng' -print0 | xargs -0 dcraw +M -c -6 -W -q 3 $H $a  | ffmpeg $wav -f image2pipe -vcodec ppm -r "$fps" -i pipe:0 $sd -vcodec prores -profile:v 1 -n -r "$fps" "name".mov

About dcraw variables $H $a they should be selectable. It,s auto white balance and highlight recovery.
-a=dcraw auto white balance
-H 2=dcraw highlight recovery

ffmpeg audio should be set only if a wav file exists or else it won,t process the files.
$wav=-i *.wav
$sd=-c:v copy -c:a aac
$fps=add fps from dng metadata

I do this
if ls *.wav
then
wav=$(printf "%s\n" -i *.wav)
sd=$(printf "%s\n" -c:v copy -c:a aac)
fi

About HDR there is a great filter for averaging consecutive frames, tblend filter.

Recommended to film 50 or 60fps. Output will be also the same fps as original clip
find . -maxdepth 1 -iname '*.dng' -print0 | xargs -0 dcraw +M -c -6 -W -q 3 $H $a | ffmpeg $wav -f image2pipe -vcodec ppm -r "$fps" -i pipe:0 $sd -vcodec prores_ks -pix_fmt yuv444p10 -n -r "$fps" –vf "tblend=all_mode=average" "name".mov

Possible to halfen frames per second with more piping. 50fps becomes 25fps etc.
find . -maxdepth 1 -iname '*.dng' -print0 | xargs -0 dcraw +M -c -6 -W -q 3 $H $a | ffmpeg $wav -f image2pipe -vcodec ppm -r "$fps" -i pipe:0 $sd -vcodec prores_ks -pix_fmt yuv444p10 -n -r "$fps" –vf "tblend=all_mode=average"  -f matroska - | ffmpeg -i - -vcodec prores_ks -pix_fmt yuv444p10 -r $(echo $fps / 2 | bc -l)  "name".mov

kichetof

@NoCp_Albert the only way to determine if a file is a Dual ISO --> cr2hdr, so you need to import MLV and after that run cr2hdr.

When cr2hdr will be ready to chain it, I'll add an option in MLV import to run cr2hdr and try only the first picture if it's a Dual ISO.

@Danne wow thanks a lot !!  8)
Now I need to explode all your pipes for windows...  :'(

What do you think about an Export plugin for these settings ?
Export to ProRes4444, ProRes proxy, HDR

And... it's always cr2hdr plugin ? or Magic Lantern plugin ?

Danne

Yeah, I feel your pain ;). Maybe ask the MLVP guy, he got my tips for his windows app about HDR and ported it.

Export plugin sounds nice.

My menu looks like this. You could skip most of it but only to give some ideas.

kichetof

Thanks @Danne for the ideas !

Actually I'm a little bit perplex to add it in cr2hdr. I think a new plugin, Magic Lantern, could be a good idea to add every feature about it.
I'll ask @a1ex and @g3gg0 :)

Danne

Maybe a separare plugin. You can then beef it up with other functions  8)

kichetof

Maybe a new one, with everything inside!! Who can do more can do less  8)

robhunter

So I am having a lot of troubles with Lightroom and I don't know why...

I'm using latest version https://bitbucket.org/kichetof/lr_cr2hdr/downloads/cr2hdr.3.0-170305-02-SLP-DEV.zip
Tried every setting, but it does also happen with default ones.

Original CR2
https://mega.nz/#!5ck0GYgL!sNqAR6RwHjCtw4bnH_ak4vyEZEXsMPwMknwh1zPcYHA
This is the DNG file viewed in MLRawViewer

This is the exact same DNG viewed in Lightroom

No tweaks in any tool, just opened file and boom... Lightroom is overexposing EVERY dng, it is not only this file in particular, every DNG I Open is overexposed in LR...

Using EOS 70D + Mac.

Any help? I have about 1200 pictures I want to process and this is getting me nuts...

Danne

Try without adobe dng converter creatng lossless compression. You might also get lycky with this tool which will be very fast for big batches of CR2 files.
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/cr2hdr/overview

kichetof

First attempt with Lightroom Classic CC (v7), everything works as expected :)

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: kichetof on October 18, 2017, 10:20:40 PM
First attempt with Lightroom Classic CC (v7), everything works as expected :)

Great to hear and cheers to that!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Doofii

Sorry guys I'm just new here, recently I tried to shoot some videos with dual iso, but I'm now really confuesd about the workflow. If I import the MLV video in to LR with the plugin, I can only get ONE broken imige. Why is it and what should I be suppoesd to do?

Thanks a lot.

Walter Schulz

This LR plug-in is not designed to process movie files. Go to http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=54 and choose one.

proffkom

many chromatic aberrations in this method

R

Everything looks fine with the cr2hdr Lr plugin and the new Lr 7.3 version. Nevertheless, Lr crashed trying to convert a batch of 65 Dual ISO files, something that never happened to me with previous Lr versions.

Walter Schulz

@kichetof: Houston, we have a problem!
Context-sensitive message boxes gone!

How to restore?

kichetof

Tof for Houston, everything fine here!  8)

need more infos (LR + plugin version)

Just checked latest LR SDK doc, tooltip are always presents and have same action as before. Maybe a bug with LR Win?
Try to reload the plugin :

• On Lightroom, open the Plug-In Manager (shortcut Win: Ctrl + Alt + Shift + , (comma), Mac: Command + Option + Shift + , (comma))
  • Select Dual ISO Converter
  • Click on reload plugin

Please shake me by PM :)

Walter Schulz

Machine 1:
Win 7/64 (German)
Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC (7.4) tried German and English UI.
Plug-in: 3.0-170316-02-MLV-DEV (tried older 0305, too)

Machine 2:
Win 8.1/64 (German)
Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC (7.3.1)
Plug-in: 3.0.170316-02-MLV-DEV

EDIT: Dang, it's working now. Pretty sure PEBKAC.

kichetof

Quote from: Walter Schulz on July 11, 2018, 11:40:19 PM
PEBKAC.

Take a beer!

I noticed a certain latency so that the message appears sometimes