Lightroom plugin cr2hdr v3.0 DEV (WIP)

Started by kichetof, March 18, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

The wildcard same level works on DNG files as well as CR2? A common scenario would be bringing in a bunch of movie sequence dual iso dng folders.

Walter Schulz

*Should* work but haven't tested it yet. Looks like MLProcess.lua lines 592+ are handling DNG.

kichetof

@Danne yes it do!
sameLevelsPathAll = string.format("\"%s/\"*.CR2 \"%s/\"*.DNG", sameLevelsPath, sameLevelsPath)

GUI update :)

Select one, more, all from same folder or from 2 distinct folders, normally everything should works well!

Updated default settings for same-levels when you update the plugin :)
text changing to : no-same-levels; same-levels; same-levels on entire path

@All
This new option do the same as before, but convert entire path with wildcard instead of selected pictures (command too long with a lot of selected); with your args :)

DeafEyeJedi

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and Thanks once again to @kichetof for yet another surprise during the Holidays -- at least it keeps us all warm with the anxiety issues that comes along with ML. lol

Anyway, I just downloaded the latest GUI Beta and tried running your plugin with the Dual-ISO test files shot in MLV on SL1 (100D) via both non crop mode and crop mode.

Upon selecting the arguments and running the plugin will crash the application and would need to restart LR6 every time.

Is this normal?

Even for total of 111 files in combined?

Will investigate further and see if MLVFS could be the culprit because I was using the Virtual Files from running MLVFS...

*Edit*

Will do another test run with actual files in root of MBP. Stand by! 

*Edit#2*

Seems rendering fine atm w Flicker Handing selected to 'same-level' while using the DNG's on system's root (however I cant seem to figure out why the 'same level on entire path' is greyed out unable to highlighted it myself).

Now I am curious to play with the highlight/shadow slider ... what exactly does soft-film do and if I were to slide it up to +10 -- what would it do or at least supposed to do? Or better yet is there a 'sweet-spot' for it?

Here's what I also notice what could be a glitch or at least it seems to be hidden gem outside on the lower right within the GUI under 'White Balance' and I am unable to reach out to it if you look at the attachment below...
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

kichetof

@DeafEyeJedi thanks for all :)
To have the same-levels on entire path enable, you need to select all pictures on the same folder. Let me know if it works!

I'll disable sharing width between WB and same-levels to make GUI into the view (on both Mac & win Lr that I've, my export screen is bigger...)

Crash appear every time you run plugin on MLVFS storage? I need to test that! Maybe isn't writable?

DeafEyeJedi

I did select all the photos in both folders and yes if running virtual DNG's within MLVFS it will cause to crash but if running within root of system then it all seems OK.

Still need to investigate furthermore.

Thanks, @kichetof!

*Edit*

Okay now apparently I was running the older plugin by mistake I have two plugin folders (one within Application folder and another in the Content Folder) so after replacing with the latest version and ran again now I am getting this...

It could be due to SL1 files so I'll need to run another test files from other cameras to confirm this.

kichetof

If you select photos from multiple folders, you'll not have option enable. Only from one folder, select all.

I think that a I forget something... I'll investigate tomorrow. Your file is DNG?

kichetof

Same bug on MLVFS mounted point.

How to reproduce:

Mount MLV files with MLVFS
Add to catalog the mounted folder into Lr
Select some images and run Dual ISO plugin with same-levels enable
Lr crash

I need to investigate where is the bug ... I'll lookup when I've more time  8)
(I'm not a filmmaker, so I doesn't use MLVFS, but I'll find a workaround)

------------------------------------------------

Permission on MLV mounted point are personalized (maybe Lr doesn't have access)
New bug with Lr: edit a file into MLV folder and save metadata into the file: ERROR free space is less than 1Gb

So, maybe when can't use MLVFS with Lr properly

kichetof

Ok guys! Same-levels "classic" and with entire path are in the place!

Download the branch "same-levels-path to test it (bin not updated for the moment; MLVFS "bug" not solved and maybe never and only prevent this)

Let me know if everything works well with these same-levels options 8)

dmilligan

DNGs in an MLVFS mount have to be read only (because they are being created on the fly by MLVFS). Any other file types (except .wav) you can read, create, and write in the mount, because it simply passes through to the "MLD" directory.

I have used Lr successfully with MLVFS (though not the dual ISO plugin). I believe there is a setting in Lr where you can prevent it from writing metadata/develop settings into to DNGs, you can use sidecars (.xmp) or have the metadata stored in the Lr catalog itself (I successfully used this plugin of mine with MLVFS: https://github.com/davidmilligan/LrDeflick).

If you want to convert dual ISO from an MLVFS mount, you will have to convert them to somewhere outside the MLVFS mount. (BTW: MLVFS already has dual ISO processing built in, so I don't see much need for this capability, or any reason for you to bother about implementing it, unless you just want to).

kichetof

@dmilligan Thanks for your great informations! It's what I thought, read only and only for specific file.

Personally, I doesn't use MLV files so I don't need it. And your great tool already have this option, so I'll find the best way to prevent user in MLVFS content.

Arun

Hi,

I am new here and have been trying to get cr2hdr working on my Mac (OS X El Capitan). I've been able to get the .app to work by locating it in a subfolder of /usr/local/bin together with dcraw (which I compiled using the Xcode c compiler) and exiftool. My problem is, although I clearly have dcraw and exiftool installed, the Lightroom plugin cannot find them while the command line app can. There must be something obvious I am missing in setting the path or where the plugin is located. Would appreciate any help experienced folks here can provide. The command line app is clearly enough to keep me going, so the plugin is a matter of convenience and efficiency.

dfort

You are probably using an old version of the plugin. The latest uses dcraw and exiftool that are bundled inside of the plugin. This change was necessary because El Capitan blocks apps from using binaries located in /usr/local/bin though they continue to work fine from the command line.

Arun

@dfort, thanks for the tip; I downloaded the version at the beginning of this thread. The latest version is 3.0 beta 3.3, correct?

DeafEyeJedi

dfort

@Arun

I see you have some compiling (and maybe coding?) skills so you might want to check into kichetof's latest:

https://bitbucket.org/kichetof/lr_cr2hdr/

kichetof is doing some great stuff on it lately.

kichetof

For the latest stuff, download this version

I need some feedback to release the version :) please review this version and we will have a Christmas gift :)

starbase64

@kichetof

i'm use this without problems, all fine here.

DeafEyeJedi

Thanks @kichetof for Beta4 and here are the test reports:

I noticed the W/B Line has the last option outside of the window template almost unreachable (check 3rd attachment).

I also will report back later after testing some more on Time-lapse Dual-ISO CR2's with your new Flicker Handling feature.

Thanks for the early Christmas Gift and yet more to come!

dfort

Looks like the new wb=dcraw option is the one going off the screen. The White Balance options should be split into two lines. Should be an easy fix.

kichetof

Thanks for the feedback! I'll fix the white balance out of screen ;)

Please try same-levels on some files and on the entire path, after that, new release :)

dfort

Sent you a fix for the wb options via a pull request. That way you can concentrate on the hard parts

Quote from: kichetof on December 12, 2015, 10:05:28 AM
Please try same-levels on some files and on the entire path, after that, new release :)

First I'll need to create some dng's with the flickery issue.

The README.md included in the zip file doesn't include any information about the same-levels feature. The tool tips are quite detailed but there may be some confusion because "same-levels" and "same-levels on entire path" have the same description. I take it that the first only affects selected images and the second processes all the images that are in the directory even if just one image is selected? If so a GUI issue might be that the name of the export window is "Export One File" if only one image is selected. Then again if all of the images need to be selected then maybe I'm not understanding the difference between "same-levels" and "same-levels on entire path".

no-same-levels
Don't Adjust output white levels to keep the same overall exposure

same-levels
Adjust output white levels to keep the same overall exposure
for all frames passed in a single command line
(useful to avoid flicker - for video or panoramas)

same-levels on entire path
Adjust output white levels to keep the same overall exposure
for all frames passed in a single command line
(useful to avoid flicker - for video or panoramas)

kichetof

Quote from: dfort on December 12, 2015, 04:58:24 PM
Sent you a fix for the wb options via a pull request. That way you can concentrate on the hard parts

Thanks Daniel and already merged! :)

Quote from: dfort on December 12, 2015, 04:58:24 PM
The README.md included in the zip file doesn't include any information about the same-levels feature. The tool tips are quite detailed but there may be some confusion because "same-levels" and "same-levels on entire path" have the same description. I take it that the first only affects selected images and the second processes all the images that are in the directory even if just one image is selected? If so a GUI issue might be that the name of the export window is "Export One File" if only one image is selected. Then again if all of the images need to be selected then maybe I'm not understanding the difference between "same-levels" and "same-levels on entire path".

That's normal, I need to explain this on the readme but waiting for feedback.
Concretely, no change for final result: all pictures are converted with --same-levels

But, the real changes is the command line to execute cr2hdr:

• one with all specific paths --> limited to a maximum of chars --> maybe can't convert all pictures
  • second send all pictures with a wild card --> command line smaller --> no restriction

Practically, select:

• one picture: no same-levels available
  • two or more (but not all): same-levels available
  • all: same-levels and same-levels by path available

The last option is only useful for big sequences only took with Dual ISO, like movie or timelapse or giga pano.

I'll not update tooltip text because nothing changes with cr2hdr exec, only the way to pass picture to it. But I'll explain it on the readme.

So, if your folder contain pictures took classically and Dual ISO, don't use same-levels on entire path but only same-levels on specific selected files.
I hope that my explanations are understandable, if not maybe after a good beer, it will be more readable 8)

dfort

Quote from: kichetof on December 12, 2015, 05:59:45 PM

• one with all specific paths --> limited to a maximum of chars --> maybe can't convert all pictures
  • second send all pictures with a wild card --> command line smaller --> no restriction

I suppose the test would be to break "same-levels" then see if the same process breaks "same-levels on entire path"? I shot some test footage and it is chomping away on 2,025 dual iso dng files using the "same-levels" option without any complaints. At what point would you expect it to break? Does it depend on system memory?

kichetof

Thanks for the test!
Windows command prompt breaks at 8192 chars and Mac I don't know (bug especially confirmed on Windows).

So same-levels option should works on entire path but, to catch the bug, I added this option to parse the path with wild card instead of all paths.

This option is useful when you have 100% Dual ISO into the folder, if not use classic approach.

I just need some feedback from you to confirm that option works like a charm (works great on Mac and Windows for me)