Lightroom plugin cr2hdr v3.0 DEV (WIP)

Started by kichetof, March 18, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marius

Sorry :)

i did convert this to DNG in LR6, but when i try to open that DNG in LR6 it's not working, but in photoshop it does, here is that DNG file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wj8atim365wxor/0R0A0640-DualISO-2.DNG?dl=0

Walter Schulz

Thanks. No trouble importing that file into LR CC.

Marius

All right my bad :) well not sure how worked, but basically if when converting CR to DNG it creates DualISO folder i just need to use that and working fine, but when i just try to drag DNG to lightroom then it stops working :)

DeafEyeJedi

@kichetof:

Finally back online after spending the weekend helping the wife with the move out from an apt into a house. Fun Stuff!

Downloaded v3.0-BETA3.2 and will test it out on MBP running Yosemite.

Thanks for the quick update, btw!

Stand by!

*EDIT*

Sorry I'm still somehow encountering this error on LR during exporting (it pops up and says could not find a destination to export) just like how I did last week. Have a feeling that this is due to my POS MBP not being set up properly even tho Ive ran this plugin with no problems (this was done with just 70D files) for testing purpose.

The one that's most strange is the fact that even though LR is giving me 'Export Errors' I still managed to find one DNG that got spitted out along with an Exiftool info text file (but Adobe PS won't recognize the file) so not sure if this is worth noting as well?
https://vimeo.com/126981410

Should I stick with 5.6 or proceed with the update? Not sure if this would make a difference?

Thanks, again!

*EDIT Part II*

Decided to make another run with 5D3 files and it exported normally as expected... not sure what could be the culprit in here regarding 70D files on my end?

(I just ran @Danne's latest beta cr2hdr-r and it spitted out 70D Dual-ISO CR2's just fine. Strange?)

Do you know if you are using the same binary that he is using in his app?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

kichetof

@ DeafEyeJedi
Thanks a lot for your feedback!
70D converted file failed when LR import it! Because DNG file isn't really converted (cr2hdr problem or dual iso file problem).
I use cr2hdr20bit compiled on my mac with latest a1ex changes (not 70D specific)

You can try to replace my bin with an other :)

DeafEyeJedi

Sounds good. Do you need a copy of Binary that either N/A or g3gg0 recenty built to be able to read 70D files or are you gonna wait for a1ex to release one?

Thanks!

kichetof

Until 70D still in alpha, I don't want to add the feature, feel free to replace in your folder :)

I want to resolve windows bug and multiprocess on mac before to add alpha :)

DeafEyeJedi

No problem -- that makes more sense!

Multithread is a MUST have - hehe [emoji12]

Keep up the hard work, @kichetof!

kichetof

@Danne
I found the way to run xargs (find "files" -print0|xargs ...) but for the moment, it's not faster (maybe launch in async) and it works faster with same-levels but LR crash because xargs finished the first image and the plugin import image but the other aren't totally converted...

I need to rethink the process but need to do two process (windows and Mac). So I don't know if I'll continue on this way!

Danne

cool Kitchehof! Noticed you run both windows and mac in the same lua. Let me know if I could help.

DeafEyeJedi

For those who are curious or in need of files (Dual-ISO RAW, MLV, CR2, MLV/RAW, FRSP DNG/MLV) from certain models such as 70D, 5D3 & the M... Perhaps to help speed up the process on getting the binaries up to date.

https://mega.co.nz/#F!DokxSIhC!q5iOd_rIQTRbCXA51Kyz5Q

Happy Updates!

kichetof

DeafEyeJedi

Thanks for letting us know... Hopefully they'll get back to you sooner rather than later.

[emoji108]

Walter Schulz

Added my point of view in Adobe's forum.
And there is work to be done. a1ex changened cr2hdr content: http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7139.msg147170#msg147170

dubzeebass

I have a new Retina 5K iMac 27" and when I import version 3 beta, I get an error regarding the plugin schema. Using latest LR with the Behance-ified splash screen. Any ideas?

Log file:

Plug-in error log for plug-in at: /Users/bja/Documents/cr2hdr.lrplugin

**** Error 1

An error occurred while attempting to run one of the plug-in's scripts.
No script by the name MLMetadataDefinitionFile.lua

**** Error 2

The plug-in's metadata provider description could not be read.

**** Error 3

Could not read the metadata spec from this plug-in.

**** Error 4

No script by the name MLInfoProvider.lua

**** Error 5

**** Error 6

**** Error 7

**** Error 8

The plug-in's metadata provider description could not be read.

**** Error 9

**** Error 10

Could not read the metadata spec from this plug-in.

**** Error 11

kichetof

latest cr2hdr here

@dubzeebass it's very strange. Do you have some files into cr2hdr.lrplugin ? (right click -> show package content)

@all I'll remove cr2hdr and replace everything with cr2hdr (ex 20bit), some GUI changes :)

But I'll be in holiday for 2 weeks, be patient or pull request! :)

Danne

DeafEyeJedi

Great stuff & Thanks again @kichetof for your time on this.

kichetof

Oh that's a good thing to remove 2 versions of cr2hdr, there are a problem with fast checkbox... :)

wtf ?! no problem on LR CC Windows... I need to cleanup a little my Mac :)
Somebody could make some tests?

kichetof

Maybe I've a way for Windows users... :)

Please replace cr2hdr.lrtemplate into cr2hdr.lrplugin/presets with this version and let me know!
When you replace this file, reload the plugin from Plugin manager and restart LR (plugin translated in english until LR is restarted)

dubzeebass

It's working with the version you posted yesterday that needed renaming. Many thanks!

Walter Schulz

Quote from: kichetof on May 08, 2015, 10:10:08 AM
Adobe account now available :)

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1839693

More than a week without a developer jumping in to the rescue. Any more options available to hunt down this bug?
And still not convinced this bug doesn't occur on OS X if starting from scratch.

Walter Schulz

Hello, again!

I think we have an Adobe Lightroom 6 problem here, kichetof.
- Downloaded SDK for LR5 (no LR6 SDK there, yet)
- Copied extracted FTP Upload plug-in directory to local disk
- Used Plug-in Manager to install plug-in
- Several times restarting LR.
-> Not showing up in "Presets". Same behauviour as your plug-in.
- Created an item "FTP Upload" in "User Presets" and this one is showing up.

Someone able to test this (or any other export plug-in *not previously installed*) in LR5 and telling if plug-in is there in "Presets"? The Windows machine I'm using right now has LR6 only and no LR5 installation file around here.
LR5 SDK is just 8 MByte and plug-ins can be used without programming skills.
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/photoshoplightroom/sdk/eula_lr5.html

aworkofmarc

So I took my first ML dual-iso picture. I got the plugin installed into LR6, I import the photo... I right click, go to Export and select cr2hdr

And nothing happens. I still got all those lines in my image. I do the same process and I get the "Already Treated" message.

Please help. What am I doing wrong?  :-[
If you can't fix it with a hammer -- Ya got an electrical problem.