Lightroom plugin cr2hdr v3.0 DEV (WIP)

Started by kichetof, March 18, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hdm

@kichetof

My lightroom is stand alone, not via Mac app store. I will check your solution with developer settings. Will send an update soon.
Anyway, hope it works because it looks like a neat piece of software!

Edit: tested with different security options, including 'run any program'. The error, however, remains. Also tried moving the plugin and installing it from different folders. Nothing worked. The plugin does show up in the plugin-manager, says it's okay and i can select it to export. Hope this helps, looking forward to a solution.

Edit #2: (also @moocowe ) i've got it working. Just install this package that i found in the original post from a1ex. It probably needs this to preform: https://bitbucket.org/a_d_/magic-lantern/downloads/OSX_cr2hdr.zip Just run the cr2hdr package and than simply open lightroom to use the export cr2hdr from kichetof.

kichetof

Quote from: hdm on March 21, 2014, 07:38:40 AM
@kichetof
Edit #2: (also @moocowe ) i've got it working. Just install this package that i found in the original post from a1ex. It probably needs this to preform: https://bitbucket.org/a_d_/magic-lantern/downloads/OSX_cr2hdr.zip Just run the cr2hdr package and than simply open lightroom to use the export cr2hdr from kichetof.

Yeah great!!

I know the problem. You had not dcraw and/or exiftool installed on your mac ;)
I'll add a note for the next release !

Thanks for your investigation and the solution

moocowe

Excellent! Working fine now.
Thanks very much guys, I knew it would be something I'd done wrong.

g3gg0

can you add some helpful feaure?

i usually group my shoots into collections.
now when i run your export plugin, the image gets added to the gallery, but not to the collection the source image was in.

-> can you check in which galleries the source image was and add the .dng there too?
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

qqluqq

He seems to think half of my images aren't dual iso while they all are, is there a way to force him to do it anyway?

kichetof

Quote from: g3gg0 on March 22, 2014, 01:26:48 AM
-> can you check in which galleries the source image was and add the .dng there too?

Good idea ! I add it to the todo list!

I read the sdk to optimize the actual code and add all the new features after :)

Quote from: qqluqq on March 22, 2014, 03:40:44 PM
He seems to think half of my images aren't dual iso while they all are, is there a way to force him to do it anyway?

To force cr2hdr, you need to manually drag'n'drop to the exe cr2hdr and reimport to lightroom. If you obtain "The image does not appear to be dual iso" I can't do anything to solve it ;)

g3gg0

bug report:

i have dozens of cmd.exe processes in background according to my task manager.

command line: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe  /K del   "D:\Users\g3gg0\Pictures\Kamera\2013_07_17\NO8A5896-dualiso.cr2" "D:\Users\g3gg0\Pictures\Kamera\2013_07_17\NO8A5896-dualiso.xmp"
current directory: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.4\

magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

kichetof

Quote from: g3gg0 on March 23, 2014, 01:29:04 AM
command line: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe  /K del   "D:\Users\g3gg0\Pictures\Kamera\2013_07_17\NO8A5896-dualiso.cr2" "D:\Users\g3gg0\Pictures\Kamera\2013_07_17\NO8A5896-dualiso.xmp"
current directory: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.4\

uh ‽ Why do you have /K on the command ‽

Could you try to change on line 28

local rm = MAC_ENV == true and 'exec rm ' or 'start /B del '

with

local rm = MAC_ENV == true and 'exec rm ' or 'start /B /WAIT del '

I don't have access on windows now to try to resolve it. I hope /WAIT solve that!

OR maybe... on windows I can't remove a lots a file with del (maybe one by one)

g3gg0

this causes to block even the first export.

trying "start /B cmd.exe /C del /F /Q" now - looks good ;)

kichetof

Quote from: g3gg0 on March 23, 2014, 04:25:19 PM
this causes to block even the first export.

trying "start /B cmd.exe /C del /F /Q" now - looks good ;)

Yeah so good ! Thanks

I found an other way to move ;)

g3gg0

here my modification that adds .dng support from e.g. raw videos.

the modification is necessary as cr2hdr will overwrite the input file in case of .dng.

i tried raw video with dual iso, but with line skipping its having some horizontal lines (expected)
didnt try a zoomed recording yet.

kichetof

cr2hdr v2 available now :)

@g3gg0 I've added a new way to export, no need to remove cr2&xmp files ;) thanks for your try

Danne

Nice one! Good work on being able to rename files.
I have one problem. When trying to export to a subfolder all I get is a copy from the original file, no conversion i being made as when I export to the same folder? This worked in former versions.
Thanks again for all your work on this.

kichetof

Quote from: Danne on March 25, 2014, 02:24:19 PM
Nice one! Good work on being able to rename files.
I have one problem. When trying to export to a subfolder all I get is a copy from the original file, no conversion i being made as when I export to the same folder? This worked in former versions.
Thanks again for all your work on this.

It's really strange, why you don't have ML Logo + the explanation text on your export windows ?

With the v2, I export cr2+xmp files to a temporary folder (not needed after conversion) and move the result file from temp folder to original folder. After all conversion, the temp folder is deleted!

fotogemeinschaft_de

On my System (Windows 8.1; LR 5.2) the new version (2.0) doesn't open a window and doesn't export a file anymore. Before this new version it was ok.
Please visit my www.fotogemeinschaft.de - 30.000 pics

Danne

Sorry.
I get the logo-window fine at the start. Really sweet. When I change from export to "Hard drive" instead of "Magic lantern" all the way up to export directly to a subfolder, that,s when the problem occurs. In the former version I could choose between keepin them in the same folder as the originals or converting directly to a subfolder for instance named "ML". Maybe I,m missing something.

tomuse

Yes this is correct, after the conversation the DNG file is under the TEMP Folder in Lightroom, but the dng File will not be move in the original Folder. Under the Version 1.03 the workflow is running

fotogemeinschaft_de

I would like to re-install the older version 1.03. Where can I download it?

fotogemeinschaft_de

kichetof

Quote from: fotogemeinschaft_de on March 25, 2014, 03:15:42 PM
On my System (Windows 8.1; LR 5.2) the new version (2.0) doesn't open a window and doesn't export a file anymore. Before this new version it was ok.

If you right click on picture on click on cr2hdr, no windows open. To see the windows, you need to go to Export... and select cr2hdr ;) but it doesn't explain why you don't have the result file... maybe it's the same problem from tomuse.

Quote from: Danne on March 25, 2014, 03:18:28 PM
converting directly to a subfolder for instance named "ML". Maybe I,m missing something.

With v2, you can't import into a subfolder. I can add a field to add a custom name to create a new subfolder on the top folder ;)

Quote from: tomuse on March 25, 2014, 03:31:01 PM
Yes this is correct, after the conversation the DNG file is under the TEMP Folder in Lightroom, but the dng File will not be move in the original Folder. Under the Version 1.03 the workflow is running

So, the conversion work, but the move doesn't works (strange!) Do you have a file with the exactly same name of the output file ?

All your problem appears on Windows or Mac ?

Unfortunately, I don't have a Windows desktop under my hand now to try it. But I use LR function to check file and move file, I was hoping it would work out of the box

Danne

"With v2, you can't import into a subfolder. I can add a field to add a custom name to create a new subfolder on the top folder"

Hehe, I like the sound lf that

kichetof

Could you try to replace MLExportServiceProvider.lua with this version : https://bitbucket.org/kichetof/lr_cr2hdr/raw/b92125f660783c6bfd4bd44b8debf9af15153e41/MLExportServiceProvider.lua

and tell me if you receive an error message after conversion.
I forgot to parse move function to check if success to move the file. That's not solve the problem, only for identifying the crash

After trying the modified version, could you try this one https://bitbucket.org/kichetof/lr_cr2hdr/raw/9cfa2803f006fd17af6cb6731415a61fa014fe2c/MLExportServiceProvider.lua
and let me know ! I replaced move by copy

kichetof

Quote from: Danne on March 25, 2014, 05:06:59 PM
"With v2, you can't import into a subfolder. I can add a field to add a custom name to create a new subfolder on the top folder"

Hehe, I like the sound lf that

Could you try this version on mac it'll works fine :) (not tested yet)

forget what I said. Not so simple

camagna

There must be something wrong. in LR (5.3, Mac 10.9.2) I get this errors on plugin loading:

Plug-in error log for plug-in at: /Users/xxxx/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/cr2hdr.lrplugin

**** Error 1

An error occurred while attempting to run one of the plug-in's scripts.
Could not load toolkit script: MLFunctions

**** Error 2

Could not load the post-processing filter from this plug-in.
Could not load toolkit script: MLFunctions