Lightroom plugin cr2hdr v3.0 DEV (WIP)

Started by kichetof, March 18, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luiz Roberto dos Santos

Work's fine to me on LR 5.3 (Win8 64bit). Very fast, FYI.

I made a Portuguese (BR) translation: http://textuploader.com/1wvb/raw

kichetof

Quote from: fotogemeinschaft_de on March 19, 2014, 09:35:57 AM
After the first export (which was ok) I always get the following error with every other Picture:

'Already treated' - 'The File xy has already converted to dual iso'
(LR 5.2)

In fact the file was NOT converted.

I have found the reason for this behaviour by myself: The plugin doesn't add numbers to the converted files; my filenames are rather long and the plugin therefore produces always the same filenames in the same directory.

After every single conversion I have to rename the converted file manually. A batch-job will therefore not be possible but nevertheless the integration in LR is great..

Ralf

Ok I know what you're this problem. My export template rename the file with "dualiso_xxxx.cr2" but if your originale name doesn't has number, the export plugin can't add to the destination.
I'll try to resolve it !

kichetof

Quote from: Luiz Roberto dos Santos on March 19, 2014, 09:58:08 AM
Work's fine to me on LR 5.3 (Win8 64bit). Very fast, FYI.

I made a Portuguese (BR) translation: http://textuploader.com/1wvb/raw

Thanks for this translation!

I commit it and I'll update plugin when I find a way to solve fotogemeinschaft_de problem.
You can download Portuguese BR or Portuguese PT and place it into cr2hdr.lrplugin for the moment ;)

fotogemeinschaft_de

Quote from: kichetof on March 19, 2014, 10:02:51 AM
Ok I know what you're this problem. My export template rename the file with "dualiso_xxxx.cr2" but if your originale name doesn't has number, the export plugin can't add to the destination.
I'll try to resolve it !

My filenames HAVE unique numbers, but are rather long (;-) f.i.  140302-1584-320ASA-Max-Mustermann-00491739900599.CR2 '1584' is the unique number.

Your plugin seems to CUT the filename; if it won't cut the filename and only would add '-dual-iso-1[number consecutively
].dng' at the END of the filename everything would be ok...
Please visit my www.fotogemeinschaft.de - 30.000 pics

Audionut

kichetof

Quote from: fotogemeinschaft_de on March 19, 2014, 10:44:19 AM
My filenames HAVE unique numbers, but are rather long (;-) f.i.  140302-1584-320ASA-Max-Mustermann-00491739900599.CR2 '1584' is the unique number.

Your plugin seems to CUT the filename; if it won't cut the filename and only would add '-dual-iso-1[number consecutively
].dng' at the END of the filename everything would be ok...

Solved it ! :) Download v1.0.2 from first post

fotogemeinschaft_de

fotogemeinschaft_de

kichetof

Quote from: Danne on March 19, 2014, 08:12:14 AM
I just ran exports in several export operations. Tried running 5 exports simultaneously of cr2 to dng and they work in parallell that way. Occassionally I get a pop up window telling me an internal error has occured but it exports anyway so I just ignored and synchronized the folder when finished.

The error code

*It appears the error code does indeed affect some pictures only getting halfway through the process so Running several export operations simultaneously isn,t stable.

Fix it :)

Update to v1.0.3

Stedda

Thanks for your time and sharing this is great!
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

Danne

Quote from: kichetof on March 19, 2014, 01:29:59 PM
Fix it :)

Update to v1.0.3

This is so great. I ran 4 operations simultaneously, exported to a specific folder. Fast and within lightroom, no problems at all. Very good work. Such a useful plugin and dualiso still amaze me every time. It even reimports the dngs automatically without having to sync the folder. Sweet! Thanks a million

mclein

Hi, great implementation!
However, the original cr2hdr can process the .dng file too.
I generally store all the photo in dng format and i wonder if the plugin will be able to process not only the .cr2 dual iso files but the one converted in .dng too.

thanks!

filmio

Excellent Plugin, I made my first attempt on Dual ISO. Here're the results against a .CR2 file
If anyone has a tutorial or Workflow for this, will be really appreciated it.
http://postimg.org/image/7f3zv0r85/

Thanks Magic Lantern and fellow cinematographers.  8)

kichetof

Quote from: mclein on March 20, 2014, 02:16:16 AM
However, the original cr2hdr can process the .dng file too.

Good point !
I'll add to the next release !

I rewrite the plugin, so I think it's for this weekend ;)

------------

Okay, if a dng is sended to cr2hdr, it'll write the output with same name. I need to see how to make it nicely :) (maybe disable check if dual iso already treated)

With dng support, I can't check if file doesn't have interlaced iso without read text file ... I think I'll not add support for dng file or find an elegant way to check if dng and if interlaced iso found. I add it to the todo list

Audionut

Maybe the source for cr2hdr could provide some useful hints.

a1ex

If the DNG was already processed, it will be tagged with Dual-ISO.

However, telling whether a CR2 or DNG is interlaced is not easy (it's a heuristic, and the one from cr2hdr is not perfect).

kichetof

Quote from: a1ex on March 20, 2014, 10:25:19 AM
If the DNG was already processed, it will be tagged with Dual-ISO.

However, telling whether a CR2 or DNG is interlaced is not easy (it's a heuristic, and the one from cr2hdr is not perfect).

Yeah good point ! I can read the label of the file and reimport if not tagged ! Thanks a1ex !

hdm

Hey kichetof,
i'm getting a error message: Error #256. And it says i should report it here.
I hope i can get it to work. Is it something i'm doing wrong?

I'm running osx 10.9.2, lightroom 5.2 on macbook pro 2011.

moocowe

Quote from: hdm on March 20, 2014, 08:57:37 PM

I'm getting this same error message running Lightroom 4.1 on OSX 10.9.2.
When I added the plug-in via the Plug-in Manager, it didn't show up in the export options.
It shows up after manually copying the plug-in to the Lightroom/Modules folder, but I get Error #256 when I run it.

Thanks for creating this, I look forward to getting it working.

Danne

Try to put it straight to pluginfolder. Program-lightroom-rightclick, show package contents-contents-plugins

moocowe

I've tried it in the following locations, and all 3 give the same error #256:

lightroom 4.app/contents/plugins
library/application support/adobe/lightroom/modules
user folder/library/application support/adobe/lightroom/modules

I also just tried adding it via Plug-in Manager again, and it displayed this time, but gave error #256 as well.

Danne

Strange. I, m on version 4.4, mavericks 10.9.2

moocowe

If I change the export options to dng, I get a different message saying:

~ Already treated ~
The file _UAL1916.CR2 has already converted to dual iso

No converted file exists, and I have tried playing around with different naming options. All there is in the folder is the original CR2 and a txt file generated by cr2hdr when I try to export

albert-e

Quote from: moocowe on March 21, 2014, 12:19:21 AM
If I change the export options to dng, I get a different message saying:

~ Already treated ~
The file _UAL1916.CR2 has already converted to dual iso

No converted file exists, and I have tried playing around with different naming options. All there is in the folder is the original CR2 and a txt file generated by cr2hdr when I try to export

I have LR 5.3 installed on a Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.2. On Export window:
File Naming/Rename To[Custom Settings]/Extensions[Lowercase]
File Settings/Image Format[Original]

This is the default setting for the Export To: Magic Lantern/cr2hdr, nothing else to do except leave the imported filename as the original as in: IMG_nnnn-dualiso.cr2.

It should work.

kichetof

@hdm @moocowe

Do you buy lightroom from Mac App Store? Maybe this is the problem. Could you check your privacy rules (under Mac settings (I don't remember the exact name) and enable to run program from any developer (not recommended but only for testing) and let me known

Export a dng will display already treated!

I'm going to rewrite the plugin and change the check for already treated!

Stay tuned! I hope this weekend ;)