I have separated MLV files

Started by Slim Pickens, March 17, 2014, 01:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim Pickens

I realized that I didn't have the record mode set to over 4 gigs even though I have all the cards formatted ExFat.  I have the main clip which converts to DNG fine, but the additional pieces, that have sequential suffixes instead of .MLV, like .M00, .M01, .M02 etc.  These files won't convert even though they have large file sizes.  Are there any known fixes?  I have tried changing the name and suffix of the file to .MLV without success.
Using Tapatalk

Frank7D

How are you converting them? Usually if you convert the .MLV files the other ones will be converted as well. In case you didn't know, file X.MLV goes with X.M00, X.M01 etc. to make up the complete clip.

Slim Pickens

I am using MLV Mystic for Mac.  I actually changed the names before I converted because the program couldn't read them individually. 

I'll try naming them back to the original names and re converting the root MLV file .

Which program are you using?

I tried converting it again with the original naming convention but it didn't make any difference.  It only converted the very first 4GB chunk of the clip.  The additional ones didn't get added on.  What program are you using to convert the MLV files?
Using Tapatalk

Frank7D

I'm using MLVMystic (on a pc). It should have converted all the files if named correctly. Make sure you named them correctly when you named them back. They need to be in the correct order or it won't work.

BTW, how do you know the other files didn't convert? Are the DNGs you get just 4 GB worth?

Frank7D

One more thing: you will not see the other files listed in Mystic, but it will still convert them.

Slim Pickens

I tried it again and I got more of a clip, but still not the full length.  MLV mystic did about 300 more frames, but that is only about 1/4 of the total clip.  If I bring it into MLraw viewer, it shows the full amount of frames, but crashes at the same frame as MLV mystic stops at.

The only thing I can think of is that it dropped a frame at that point.  The audio still plays in ML viewer, but the image freezes at that one frame.

Is there any workaround for an issue like that?  The total clip is about 25GB and it stops around 5.5GB.  There are five full 4 gig files and on 500MB.  The total frame count in ML Viewer says 6272 but the video never makes it past 1555.

Wow.  Sorry for all of these in a row, but if I click past 1555 in the viewer it plays the video.  It just gets hung up at what I believe is a dropped frame.  Is there any way to set an in point with it after the dropped frame?
Using Tapatalk

Frank7D

You might want to give this a try:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9560.0

It allows you to set in and out points in the raw file to extract from.

Audionut

@Slim Pickens

Notice how this thread is considerably cleaner?  Please use the "modify" button, to edit your posts, rather then posting 4 times in a row.

Thanks.

Slim Pickens

Using Tapatalk