Canon 5D Mark III / 5D3 / Firmware 1.2.3

Started by a1ex, March 16, 2014, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blitzkrieg666

Woah, thank you to all that made this happen!
Anyway, With Nightly.2017Jan13.5D3123 build, rec.led.off is still disabled? How can i manually enable this?

Styve100

Hi all, after using ML on a 60D, I got myself a 5D3 and am interesting using ML, obviously its always good to get the unit in the latest software and unless I am missing something the latest firmware on canons site is 1.3.4.
I read though a bunch of posts here which are 'currently' quoting older versions, is it better to leave the camera on an older firmware to use current ML versions or, am I ok to upgrade to 1.3.4 first then use ML?

groundlessfears

Version 1.3.4 is not currently supported by Magic Lantern so if you want to enjoy Magic lantern, use 1.2.3 firmware..
Canon EOS 550D 1.0.9
Canon EOS 70D.111A
Canon EOS 5D Mark III 1.2.3

jimiz

I download and installed the last beta night , for 5d3 (fw 1.2.3)

magiclantern-Nightly.2017Jan27.5D3123

but there are no depth bit function , to test here ?  no builds for  fw 1.2.3 ?
5D3-123

Walter Schulz

Quote from: jimiz on February 02, 2017, 12:31:57 PM
I download and installed the last beta night , for 5d3 (fw 1.2.3)
magiclantern-Nightly.2017Jan27.5D3123

Nightly Builds are not Beta!

Quote from: jimiz on February 02, 2017, 12:31:57 PM
but there are no depth bit function , to test here ?  no builds for  fw 1.2.3 ?

There is an experimental build for 1.1.3 -> Top of page -> Downloads -> Experimental -> 10/12-bit RAW video

dfort

Crop mode recording for 5D3.123 in the Experimentals download page includes 10/12-bit raw recording.

jimiz

thanks Walter.
little confusion.....

So You confirm that for 5d3 fw 1.2.3 there are not any beta/experim.  with Depth bit option, but only for fw 1.1.3 ?! right ?

5D3-123

dfort

Did you look at my post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimiz

;) sorry...I'v read now...and I go to try  !  THX.
5D3-123

jimiz

I tested (1920x1080 25p) 10, 12, 14 bit
i try to convert the  MLV with  raw2dng MLV Mystic and anothers  but only the 14 bit work, the anothers not open or are incomprensibles DNG.
there are a special software for convert the 10 and 12 bit MLV ?!

5D3-123

Danne

jimiz

Raw2cdng last version 1.7.9  seem to work now...;)

I have a the firsts frames black on any clip  but the rest of frames and clip seem good.

1920 25p 10bit - 61,7MB/s
1920 25p 12bit - 74,1MB/s
1920 25p 14bit - 86,4MB/s

5D3-123

RTI

I'm running the latest experimental build 10bit_12bit. (Feb_11)
Somehow I'm getting the "busy" status after recording raw with mlv_rec. I thought that was fixed long ago, at least this topic states so http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13706.0

I've just got a 5D3 again, so playing with it  - has anyone got the same issue?

P.S.

I've shot some clips today with mlv_rec (1920*1080@24fps), all the videos turned out with the green cast to them (wrong black level), is there a way to fix them (other than tuning the black levels in post?)
Canon 5DIII| Sigma 35/1.4|T 24-70/2.8 VC| Tamron 70-200/2.8 VC USD

QuickHitRecord

I have a question. I spent an hour looking for the answer on these forums, but haven't been able to find one.

Note: This may be an ML issue, or possibly just a Canon issue. Or maybe even Atomos? I'm not sure.

I recently went to firmware f1.2.3 and everything has been good so far, except for one thing. I have a monitor (in my case, an Atomos Ninja Blade -- used only as a monitor) plugged into the camera via HDMI. Mirroring is off.

When I turn the camera and monitor on, I get a blank screen on the monitor. Unplugging the monitor brings up a prompt on the camera's LCD to hit "Start/Stop" to enter recording mode. ML does not seem to load. Hitting that button does nothing and I have to restart the camera.

Whether I turn the monitor on first, then the camera, or if I do it the other way around, I get the same result. The only workaround has been to let the shutter go up and ML to load, and then plug in my camera. It's kind of a nuisance, especially since I plan to run both camera and monitor off of the same battery.

Any ideas?
5DmIII | January 27 2017 Nightly Build (Firmware: 1.23) | KomputerBay 256GB CF Cards (1066x & 1200x)

unfilmde

So with the nightly build of -03-06-2017 for 5D MKIII RAW shooting has been removed and it's just RAW MLV?

Walter Schulz

MLV_Lite, not MLV.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16650.msg179879#msg179879
and first message. According to a1ex performance should not drop significantly (compared to native/old raw_rec.mo).

unfilmde

I gave the Lite a try.  Interesting with 2017-03-06, if you don't turn RAW-MLV on RAW Video and Magic Lantern won't load and give Err codes.

a1ex

Quote from: unfilmde on March 08, 2017, 07:58:01 PM
Interesting with 2017-03-06, if you don't turn RAW-MLV on RAW Video and Magic Lantern won't load and give Err codes.

Sorry, I have trouble understanding what you did and what happened (not native English speaker).

This may help too: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

unfilmde

a1ex,  here's what I did.  I deactivated RAW.REC in the modules setting and power cycled the 5D.  I activated RAW.MLV in modules settings and shot some footage and power cycled the 5D.  I deactivated RAW.MLV and activated RAW.REC again and power cycled the 5D.  I got errors Err codes, modules won't load.  I power cycled the 5D.  I activated RAW.Rec and RAW.MLV  and power cycled the 5D.  I then turned off RAW.MLV without deactivating it and I can shoot RAW.REC (MLV-Lite).

dmilligan

There's nothing in ML called "RAW.REC" or "RAW.MLV". It sounds like you might be talking about modules. You are probably getting the error because you left one of the modules that depends on mlv_rec.mo turned on (probably mlv_snd.mo).

We could clear this up if you would be more precise. Don't just say "I got Err code", say what they were or post a screenshot. Don't make up you own names for modules, use the actual names. State every module you have enabled/disabled, not just the ones you think are important.

vancitybud

Hello, do you know if I can run Magic lantern on CF card and record to and SD card simultaneously? I dont want to download ML to all my separate sd cards and would rather just download it once.  I do not plan on recording raw at the moment and simply want ML for some of its other features.  Do you know how much space ML usually occupies on a CF card?

I plan on using it on a Canon 5d Mark 3.

Thank You...

eduperez

Quote from: vancitybud on March 20, 2017, 07:13:57 PM
Hello, do you know if I can run Magic lantern on CF card and record to and SD card simultaneously? I dont want to download ML to all my separate sd cards and would rather just download it once.  I do not plan on recording raw at the moment and simply want ML for some of its other features.  Do you know how much space ML usually occupies on a CF card?

I plan on using it on a Canon 5d Mark 3.

Thank You...

ML will just occupy some MBs on the card, you do not need to worry about that; and it only has to be installed in the card that the camera boots from, not on both of them.

Darko-Zivanovic

Hello and thanks for this amazing software!
Is there any introduction how to turn on 50fps in 1920px? I managed to install ML on my card and the options are there, however, even when I turn it ON it is still in 25fps...
Is there any other option I need to turn on perhaps...Please help if you know how to tweak this :D Thanks a lot.

hindra

To use 1080 with 50fps you need to be using the latest experimental firmware. Activate mlv_lite and crop_rec module. Set crop rec to 1080 50 then set the resolution in mlv lite.
SL1 100D.100A - 5D - 7D2 - 5D3 1.2.3

markR

I am using magiclantern-Nightly.2017Mar30.5D3123. My previous version would have been 1-1.5 years old.

I use it for timelapse and it always works great. I just updated to the new version and did 15 timelapses on a job. About half of them go out of focus from the 3rd photo onwards. Looks like it goes to the minimal focus of the lens. It happened on 2 different lens both switched to manual focus. I thought it might have been because of the half-shutter press used to activate the timelapse but I've always done it that way and never had trouble.

Anyone else come across this?