Movie REC key (Half Shutter) option on 5DIII?

Started by Hans_Punk, March 16, 2014, 01:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans_Punk

Hello all, (I've edited this post to be more concise)

I'm wondering if it's possible to have the same Movie REC key 'Half shutter' command option to start/stop the raw video recording for the 5D3... like you can on the current 7D build (and from what I can tell all other camera ML builds):

7D build 203
Built on: 2014-03-19 23:31:14 +0000
Changeset: aad1ee69ef7a

I would like this option on the 5D3:

This may be simple to implement, but alas I have no clue as to how.
It will massively help me at the moment - as I use this feature to remotely trigger the camera with a simple push button switch (not a two-stage shutter remote)

Cheers!

willbl

I second this request. It would be nice to be able to start video recording on the 5d III with a half press using a remote trigger.

allemyr

It would be lovely to have. I know that 5D3 has this in the canon menu but it doesn't really work with raw and so on not with wireless triggers.

Would be super cool to be able to have Rec key availible for 5D3.

allemyr

Don't know if this is necessary but made a video showing the problem with RAW recording
and the 100% working start/stop function of H264 recording. Just have to point out that I like magic lantern raw a lot!
But it would be great to be able to use 3axis gimbals drones and other stuff. Wireless start/stop is a huge plus for RAW recording.

https://vimeo.com/140092941

/ Karl Allemyr

Sweden

allemyr

Sorry about my posts before, just bought a couple of new transimtters and recivers and now everything works as it should 8)