Here's how to fix dead/stuck pixels on your CMOS sensor

Started by dubzeebass, February 27, 2014, 05:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

The manual cleaning is supposed to hold the sensor open while you clean it with a sensor wipe.

chmee

there is an automatic mode to map dead/stucked pixels out inside the body..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJBuGhMnvFo

i'm little bit wondering, its not told before here.. because this remapping doesnt help anytime (at first time), i thought, it was already outtested.. as a todo *noA* before recrunching pixels via mathematics..

regards chmee
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

a1ex

The raw video feed does not always include bad pixel correction from Canon (it's camera-specific). That's why this method is hit and miss.

On some cameras, you can get a raw feed with bad pixel correction, but it also has autofocus dots overlaid on it (I'm not talking about the pink dots, but about lv_af_raw dots). So, the preferred way is to get the feed without bad pixel correction, because on that one you can locate these pixels easily and fix them; good luck fixing the lv_af_raw dots, for example.

Even the photo raw buffer, for example on 5D2, is intercepted by ML before the bad pixel correction. This was throwing off the statistics from raw_diag (since a pixel equal to 0 compared to an average of 1024 will increase the stdev quite a bit).