mlv_rec and 2048x 1152 format cause random weird frame.

Started by mhimhi, January 30, 2014, 06:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhimhi

I tryied to record whit this format, in mlv, but randomly occours a weird frame... It not happens in raw mode...Does anyone knows if there is a fix?? ;) ;) ;) thanks

Midphase

Once again some additional details about your camera, setup, nightly build, card speed, etc would really really help. (what is wrong with people?)

Looks to me like your camera can't keep up with the data rate and it's corrupting frames. You're pushing it to do too much and it's thanking you by crapping all over your footage.

mhimhi

Quote from: Midphase on January 30, 2014, 08:06:46 PM
Once again some additional details about your camera, setup, nightly build, card speed, etc would really really help. (what is wrong with people?)

Looks to me like your camera can't keep up with the data rate and it's corrupting frames. You're pushing it to do too much and it's thanking you by crapping all over your footage.

Sorry.. it's nightly build 30/01/14... but even with the older ones it' behave in this way..card is komputerbay 64 gb 1000x.. 
I got your pount of view, but if it were the speed pushed too much, why it doesn't occur with raw module? If i record raw @2048x1152 it'z all ok...!

ted ramasola

And once again. please, if you need constructive answers please provide what camera you are using.

edit: I saw in the other thread you said mkIII. But just a reminder that it helps to indicate specs and other details when you start new threads with different problems.

Raw rec has slightly faster speed and res capability than mlv since mlv has much information to it and also sound. But not by much, so currently MLV and raw rec does not have exact performance. Choose 1920x1080 and see if you have this issue.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

mhimhi

Quote from: ted ramasola on January 31, 2014, 06:40:19 AM
And once again. please, if you need constructive answers please provide what camera you are using.

edit: I saw in the other thread you said mkIII. But just a reminder that it helps to indicate specs and other details when you start new threads with different problems.

Raw rec has slightly faster speed and res capability than mlv since mlv has much information to it and also sound. But not by much, so currently MLV and raw rec does not have exact performance. Choose 1920x1080 and see if you have this issue.

@1080p i don't bave this issue.. Thanks for answer. I thought that MLV where Faster than raw because of spreading information from two cards... So I was wrong? However now i know that if I want to record at higher definition I got to raw mode.. Thank u!

pc_bel

I have same problem.
This is a copy of a reply in other topic (How to record RAW digital cropped video in 5Dmk3):

My 5D3 doesn't crash but records weird frames randomly. Only with HDMI monitor attatched and in crop mode. My settings are:
5D3
HDMI monitor conected.
Komputerbay 1000x 64Gb
14 January 2014 build
MLV video
1920x1080
1920 30-I (in Canon menu)
Cropped mode,
16:9 aspect ratio,
Preview auto or Canon (the result of weird frames are same in both preview modes),
fps override 25,
Exact fps,
Frame skipping OFF
Global Draw ON (tested with global draw OFF same weird frames)
Image Quality = Raw
Auto Lighting Optimizer = OFF
Long exp. noise reduction = OFF
High ISO speed NR = OFF
Highlight tone priority = OFF
Multiple Exposure = Disable
HDR Mode = Disable HDR

I'm interested to know if someone can record cropped video without weird frames and a similar configuration (HDMI monitor conected).

If I disconect monitor all is ok. But dificult to get image in focus (cycling footage) with the in camera screen!!!!!.

UPDATED:
After extensive tests, I get random weird frames not only in MLV_rec.mo, also in RAW_rec.mo
Always with hdmi monitor connected and 3x crop video. Tested in 1920x1080!!!!

Weird frames are exactly the same as mhimhi shows in first post.

I see almost clear that is hdmi related problem. No monitor, no weird frames... So is a not enought cpu power in camera or not? Anybody knows?

Thank you very much.

jonnyginese

I know this might me a little off topic for this post, but how do you actually record over 1080p in raw?
Cameras: 5D3 | 60D
Prime Lenses: Samyang 14mm 2.8 | 24mm 1.4 | 35mm 1.4 | Canon 50mm 1.4 | Nikkor 105 2.5
Zoom Lenses: Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC | Canon 80-200 2.8 L

duey101

I have exactly the same problem with my 60D...

Sandisk Extreme 95mb
MLV video
1280x720
1920 24p (in Canon menu)
Cropped mode,
16:9 aspect ratio,
fps override 24,
Exact fps,
Frame skipping OFF
Global Draw OFF
Image Quality = Raw/sRaw
Auto Lighting Optimizer = OFF
Long exp. noise reduction = OFF
High ISO speed NR = OFF
Highlight tone priority = OFF
Multiple Exposure = Disable

Gear: Canon 5D Mark III, 60D, EF 70-200L, EF 85mm, EF 50mm, EF 10-22mm.  Platform: Dual Boot Win 7 Ultimate x64/Mavericks Hackintosh, PPro CC, LR5.