MLV Converter 1.9.2 for WINDOWS
Hello to all!
I've been making this simple program in Visual Basic for the last few days. It is, like the title says, the first MLV to DNG batch converter for windows, which basically converts all your MLVs into different DNG folders. It has a lot of features, it is very simple and efficient. It runs from mlv_dump.
I am NOT a programmer! But when I was a kid I used to mess around with it, and Visual Basic is very easy, so I managed to get it going!
I aim this to be filmmaker-user-friendly. I only tested it on Windows 7.List of features:
- Batch convert MLV files.
- Separate them into different DNG folders.
- Support for multi-folder if you have your footage organized in different folders. (Day, Card, Camera for example)
- Unique name system.
- Adobe DNG compression to Lossless or Lossy.
- Open listed MLV files with mlrawviewer.
- Select an XMP file to load automatically with Adobe Camera Raw. (just drop it into the Acr folder)
- WAV file renaming. This way you can grab all your folders in your root DNG folder and throw them into after effects. You will be prompted with ACR for each sequence. Time saver.
- Stop button.
- Check items to convert, move then up and down.
- Save settings and load them.
- Windos taskbar progress.
- Updater (will tell you when there's an update but you have to download yourself) NOT WORKING RIGHT NOW.
- Unique clip number for every comvertion you make. (the program remembers your last clip number, that way you will NEVER have duplicates. It goes up to 99999 and then goes back to 1)
- Card number increments on folder change.
- Support for small screens
- Info and warnings on disk space.
- Pause button
- Proxy creation (prores for now only) (can queue 2 proxies)
- Read MLV metadata. (resolution, fps, frames)
- THUMBNAILS, and more camera information.
- Individual progress.
- Dual ISO support.
Make sure you install Adobe DNG Converter, or it won't work! Download it here:http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=106&platform=Windows
Also, you have to install mlrawviewer to open files. Download here:http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9560.0
And for thumbnails, you'll have to download IrfanView, maybe download the plugins too (for now, will try to fix it):http://www.irfanview.com/
Everything is supposed to run smoothly, without any ugly terminals and windows coming up, with a nice progress bar, informing the user the progress all the way through. I aim it to be a professional solution for the ML RAW workflow, as this feature is SO great that it needs a proper and easy workflow!!!
Future features include:
- Optional LUT for proxies.
- Add reelname metadata. Useful for offline/online editing.
- Full MLV output, including compression to save disk space.
- Dual Iso support.
- Cinema DNG support.
- Drag n Drop.
- Display FULL metadata.
- Proper installer, with configuration saved in appdata.
For now the program is fully functional (and I hope bug free!) (don't worry, it won't erase anything..). I aim to continue it more, yes. When I started I only wanted the batch thing, but I got so excited that I had to keep going! I aim to do the queue function in a near future, but will see about the others! As some of them I have no idea how to make them... but if everyone's interested I can make the effort of course! Version 1.9.2: DOWNLOAD
Hope you find it useful! My pleasure to make a contribution to the ML project... thanks SO much to the developers for making it possible! I await for your feedback if it has any bugs or if you have ideas on how to make it better!