[UNMAINTAINED] Canon 5D Classic Firmware ** Beta 4 **

Started by coutts, June 14, 2012, 04:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratobylskiy

Hello. Can i make micro adjustment for AF in this Betas?  :)

walta

Canon 5Dc and 400D

Xavierus

Hi, is it possible to check shutter count with current beta? Thank you!

walta

Quote from: Xavierus on January 13, 2014, 12:31:53 PM
Hi, is it possible to check shutter count with current beta? Thank you!
No

* Complete feature list:
   - zebras, focus peaking, spotmeter, histogram, waveform, vectorscope (in playback mode)
   - exposure bracketing: shutter, ISO, flash; 2x0.5 ... 9x5EV; auto mode (covers the entire dynamic range).
   - DOF bracketing (changes aperture and shutter while keeping exposure constant)
   - Intervalometer
   - Mirror lockup (shortcut key, or link to self-timer)
   - Flash exposure compensation (-10...+3EV) - not tested
   - Flash / no flash (like in fuji 6500) - not tested
   - Display saturation (grayscale/normal/oversaturated)
   - Fast zoom (one click goes to 100%, like on 5D3/1Dx)
   - Quick erase (like on 5D3)
   - "Ken Rockwell" zoom (press Zoom In after you took a picture, without pressing PLAY)
   - Exposure adjustment in playback mode (very rough)
   - Timelapse playback - http://vimeo.com/48482815
   - In-camera help (press INFO)
   - Benchmark (check read/write speed of the card)
   - Display operating system internals (tasks, free memory)
Canon 5Dc and 400D

walta

So, the title of this thread now starts with [UNMAINTAINED]

Does that means there's no sense checking here any more for updates?

I know the 5dc is an old clunker now but it would be nice to see someone step up to the plate and take on this development.

No takers?

Canon 5Dc and 400D

Marsu42

Quote from: walta on February 07, 2014, 06:08:04 PM
Does that means there's no sense checking here any more for updates?

It means it's up to you to step forward and contribute :-)

walta

Quote from: Marsu42 on February 07, 2014, 08:07:39 PM
It means it's up to you to step forward and contribute :-)

Theres been people willing to contribute $.

Theres just no-one doing any development.
Coutts was doing it for a while but after he bricked his camera I think he lost interest.

I'd help with development but I know nothing about the OS these cameras use.

Canon 5Dc and 400D

editorguy

Quote from: a1ex on October 25, 2012, 10:39:29 PM
Use M mode.

In Adv Bracketing, if I use manual mode and set exposures to anything higher than 5, I get duplicate exposures. If I choose auto detect, I don't get duplicates, but often only get 3 to 5 exposures. How can I shoot 9 true bracketed exposures?

moonlite

hi! first post.

i´ve been using magic lantern since i bought my 5d ~a month ago and i´m lovin´it! (both the 5d and ml).

i have a 1d, 350d (chdk) and 500d already but the iq on the 5d just blows me away. especially since i like to tweak my pix quite a bit. just love the noise. so fine grain and beautiful quite in a class of its own compared to my other cams. i guess what i´m getting at is that the 5d really seriously still is a really good camera, almost 10 years later (tac sharp images even at pixel level b/c the weak aa-filter and my prime lenses. also all iso levels very usable while on my 500d even iso 100 is not what i´d consider usable even though it is the newest of them all by far. 2009 i seem to recall) and it would be a shame if the development of ml for it would end here. ml just extends the usability of the camera quite far and when such a great sensor sits at the heart of it there is not much limiting what could still be done with it. off the top of my head i see only a couple of h/w "limits" that can not be overridden by software thus making the camera more "modern":

- better af (not /really/ missing it though i tend to prefer my 1d for street photography & sports etc and i can´t deny lusting after 6d:s -0.5ev low light focus capabilities living up here in the north (finland)
- faster write speeds & bigger buffer. (almost never a problem)

- liveview (would mostly like it to manual focus accurately for tac-sharp focus)

what have you guys missed or what would you like to see in future releases of magic lantern for the 5d? here´s something off the top of my head: (just wishful thinking)

- bulb timer or mod. i had to buy a remote release cable because the bulb mode in the 5d does not make any sense to me. why in the world can´t the shutter in bulb mode just work as a on/off switch: press once to open suhtter, press again to close shutter. bulb mode is most commonly used for very long exposures, and the way it is configured now you have to manually keep the shutter button pressed as long as you want the sensor exposed. what were they thinking??

- dual ISO

- i love to configure so i´d like to have more control over the information displayed on the lcd:s and maybe even the viewfinder

- i dislike (actually really really hate, despise) the blue light shining into my eyes when mirror lockup is enabled. maybe the "warning" light could be the top lcd light instead? (would be handy too)

- more options on af/mf modes and auto iso etc. i think i have to re-analyze a bit before coming up with more realistic best-case expections b/c i´m not sure most of these are even possible software-wise

i´m sorry for rambling on, speaking lots but saying very little (at least of any value). i guess i just wanted to keep this thread going b/c not much has happened here for a while and this thread seems like our last thread of hope although realisticly at least for now all hope is lost. also i want to show devs, admins and the community at large that there still are people craving after 5dc ml updates. and for a good reason, too. not just nostalgia reasons. not that any of it matters if nobody has the skills AND the drive AND the time AND the patience AND the re(sources) etc to continue working on 5dc ml. i would have the patience and the drive but no skills and very little time which seems to be the case with most of you(?)

now, i´m off to install ml on my 500d and try out auto iso just for a laugh. (i think i´ll actually either laugh or cry when i see the noise)

thanks and sorry
michael

edit: evf -> viewfinder

acroreef

kirin83

Hi everybody. I have old 5d classic . i have just fought this topic. i'm very exciting in HDR barketing of ML version for 5d classic.

but i have some question before install it for mine.

1) This version have any problem?
2) When install it , could it make my 5d classic any damage?
3) can i rollback to standard version 1.1.1 after install it?

Thanks so much.

walta

Quote from: kirin83 on February 27, 2014, 10:31:41 AM
Hi everybody. I have old 5d classic . i have just fought this topic. i'm very exciting in HDR barketing of ML version for 5d classic.

but i have some question before install it for mine.

1) This version have any problem?
2) When install it , could it make my 5d classic any damage?
3) can i rollback to standard version 1.1.1 after install it?

Thanks so much.

Quite a few people are using this version with no reports of camera damage. However, take note that this is BETA software with no support.

If you read back thru the posts here you'll see that a few people have had problems with the bracketing functions.

You can just delete it from your CF card or you can follow the instructions to uninstall the boot flag. That will return it to factory settings.

Canon 5Dc and 400D

kirin83

Quote from: walta on February 27, 2014, 07:25:57 PM
Quite a few people are using this version with no reports of camera damage. However, take note that this is BETA software with no support.

If you read back thru the posts here you'll see that a few people have had problems with the bracketing functions.

You can just delete it from your CF card or you can follow the instructions to uninstall the boot flag. That will return it to factory settings.

Thanks you so much. i still decide to install it. ML is so amazing

shiryavsky

Bowz

I've been using ML with no problems until today.  My CF card went corrupt and ended up with loads of strange characters for file names, managed to recover my pictures  (then reformat card) but since then I am missing my ML files - which I've reloaded onto the card but my 5DC menus are screwed. 

I've got no menus after format, so can't update Firmware to re install M or v1.1.1L, also custom functions & reset are missing so in a bit of a pickle, any help would be appreciated.  Tried reformatting on PC & Camera, then adding ML files but can't access  update firmware!!

UPDATE***  Found out not all of the menus are displayed when the camera is set on Auto....... DOH!!  RTFM

walta

Quote from: Bowz on March 15, 2014, 12:36:10 AM
I've been using ML with no problems until today.  My CF card went corrupt and ended up with loads of strange characters for file names, managed to recover my pictures  (then reformat card) but since then I am missing my ML files - which I've reloaded onto the card but my 5DC menus are screwed. 

I've got no menus after format, so can't update Firmware to re install M or v1.1.1L, also custom functions & reset are missing so in a bit of a pickle, any help would be appreciated.  Tried reformatting on PC & Camera, then adding ML files but can't access  update firmware!!

UPDATE***  Found out not all of the menus are disparaged when the camera is set on Auto....... DOH!!  RTFM

This happened to me as well last summer - not corrupted card but menus screwed up or missing. I had to reformat card and re-boot camera to factory settings and try numerous time to update the firmware.

I was starting to get a real woozy feeling that I had trashed my near-new 5Dc and was getting sweat on my forehead.

I  can't tell you the exact sequence of event but I just tried numerous time to reformat and re-run the update to undo the boot flag. Finally it worked.

Note - I don't use this software any more. a couple of weird happenings and the fact that this web site now says its UNMAINTAINED causes me to be wary of continued use of it.

Canon 5Dc and 400D

kikislater

walta

No, if you look at the first page you'll see the functions supported.

However, it does cause your menus to disappear. Not sure if that's a bug or a feature

Note that this is an unsupported/unmaintained beta version.

Canon 5Dc and 400D

Luzestudio

Hi! I installed it in on my old 5dC and now I can't take pictures (I press the shutter button and nothing happens, but it reacts to focus half-press) and I can't see the camera menus.
Can anyone help me to recover from here??
-----
www.luzestudio.es

walta

Quote from: Luzestudio on March 22, 2014, 06:39:18 PM
Hi! I installed it in on my old 5dC and now I can't take pictures (I press the shutter button and nothing happens, but it reacts to focus half-press) and I can't see the camera menus.
Can anyone help me to recover from here??

Just format your CF card

Or you can re-run the install program which uninstalls the bootflag - then format your CF card.
Canon 5Dc and 400D

flydonkey

Somebody help me ! I am a chinese ML fans,So I can not get the 5Dc ML beta4 to install at the downloads link.If someone can help me  ,please send the zip file to my email [email protected]

To the 5Dc ML developer, the Old vision CHDK has   Noise reduction ,My 5Dc has so many bad pixel at iso 1600,If new build can fix it ,It's good to all 5Dcer.

At the last, My English is bad ,please don't laugh at it ;)

walta

Quote from: flydonkey on March 25, 2014, 01:01:04 PM
Somebody help me ! I am a chinese ML fans,So I can not get the 5Dc ML beta4 to install at the downloads link.If someone can help me  ,please send the zip file to my email [email protected]

To the 5Dc ML developer, the Old vision CHDK has   Noise reduction ,My 5Dc has so many bad pixel at iso 1600,If new build can fix it ,It's good to all 5Dcer.

At the last, My English is bad ,please don't laugh at it ;)

There is no developer and there is no one maintaining this software. Its a beta version that has some problems and has been pretty much abandoned for the past year.

Canon 5Dc and 400D

flydonkey

Quote from: walta on March 25, 2014, 04:27:45 PM
There is no developer and there is no one maintaining this software. Its a beta version that has some problems and has been pretty much abandoned for the past year.
I am sorry to hear this bad news. So,Could you do me a favor to send beat4.zip to my Email address?

flydonkey

Somebody help me !Please send the beta4.zip file to my email [email protected] ,thanx a lot !!!

ted ramasola

5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas