[UNMAINTAINED] Canon 5D Classic Firmware ** Beta 4 **

Started by coutts, June 14, 2012, 04:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polarrys

Walta

I understand that, but, If i put my CF on my camera, I can't acces on canon soft. So, for me , i can't do a firmwre update..

Do you have another solution ??

Thx

walta

Quote from: polarrys on September 16, 2013, 04:48:41 PM
Walta

I understand that, but, If i put my CF on my camera, I can't acces on canon soft. So, for me , i can't do a firmwre update..

Do you have another solution ??

Thx

Sorry, thats how I fixed mine. I took the battery out for 15 min, formatted the CF card in my PC and whe I put the batteries back in it worked OK.

Maybe one of the developers can help you.

Canon 5Dc and 400D

niwi

@Polarrys: do you have an external CF card reader / writer?

polarrys

Hi niwi,

I have my camera and CF reader and writer on my printer. But, with both, It's impossible to format my CF card. I do unly an erase file.
I'm going to find a card reade to format my CF.

I will tell you the results.

Another question: With theses problems, it is interesting to have Magic Lantern on the 5DC?

Thx.

niwi

Hi polarry,

do you know someone with good computer experience?
It should be possible to re-initialize your CF card using diskpart.exe on Windows, but this should do someone who knows what to do. If you are not familar with diskpart you should not try it because you can destroy data.

Regards
niwi

polarrys

Hey,

I format my CF with a Card reader and all is ok. OUF !!!
But, now, I don't know if bootable_card.fir is intall or not. How do i know that?

Thx.

walta

Quote from: polarrys on September 17, 2013, 07:41:00 PM
Hey,

I format my CF with a Card reader and all is ok. OUF !!!
But, now, I don't know if bootable_card.fir is intall or not. How do i know that?

Thx.

A solid blue led means that the bootdisk is now enabled. A blinking blue led means the bootdisk is now disabled.
Canon 5Dc and 400D

RenatoPhoto

This might help:

Special note on to use EOScard Utility:

This is the way to set the flag on the card:

When you use EOScard make sure that:
1. You have the necesary files in the SD card: *.fir file (only if you need to set the bootflag on that camera; this process to be done only once), autoexec.bin file, plus the ML directory.
2. The Utility recognizes the card by identifiying it in the box next to Refresh.
3. You select the EOS_DEVELOP  check box
4. You select the BOOTDISK check box
5. Under Content, make sure EOScard recognizes: DCIM folder, autoexec.bin file, ML folder, and if required (to enable the boot flag on camera) the fir file.  When EOScard recognizes all of those files it should give you a check mark or something like that.
6. Press the Save button.
7. Look on the bottom of EOScard and should give you a confirmation that the card was written, ie. write successful.

I recently read about another situations with the newer EOScard utility in which the automatic function brought the files to the SD via internet connection.  I am not familiar with this function but Pelican seems to more about it since he created EOScard utility.  Anyway the issue was that EOScard utility had downloaded some files plus there were already some files in the card, the user noticed that in the fir file area it showed like 2 files so the user had to select the correct fir file for the EOScard utility to properly prepare the card! One of the files was for Mac and the other was for windows.

Also on most cameras, except 5D3, if you enable the camera bootflag via firmware update, and then do it again you will be disabling the bootflag. In the 5D3 you cannot disable the camera bootfalg.  It is and ON-OFF process, so if you have a camera working and set the camera flag using the *.fir file you will be disabling the flag in the camera and ML wont start.

So remember to make a card bootable use EOScard utility, and to set the camera flag use *.fir file and do the firmware update.

And... always use a card reader if you want this to work properly!
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

walta

Quote from: RenatoPhoto on September 17, 2013, 09:45:27 PM
This might help:

Special note on to use EOScard Utility:

This is the way to set the flag on the card:

I think the question was how to tell if the camera firmware had been set to boot from the card. That you can only tell from the blue light.
0n the 5Dc the camera bootflag is a toggle, hence my suggestion in the post above.

Canon 5Dc and 400D

Stian Aarr

Thanks for this Magic lantern. im testing the timelapse now :-)

Buzzz57

Since my last post, I have had to put ML research on hold due to RL priorities and lack of C knowledge.
Is anyone here still working on the 5Dc port?

sdesign

I was also curious if anyone was still working on this port?

naveed

Hi ML Team and Community,

I am new to ML, I have 5D iii, for dual ISO still images which ML version i have to use?

Regards,
Naveed

naveed

Hi,

I am running firmware 1.2.1. can i use
Quote from: naveed on October 11, 2013, 04:37:28 PM

I am new to ML, I have 5D iii, for dual ISO still images which ML version i have to use?

Regards,
Naveed

I am running firmware 1.2.1, can i use this beta? if not how can i downgrade?

walta

Quote from: naveed on October 11, 2013, 04:53:11 PM
Hi,

I am running firmware 1.2.1. can i use
I am running firmware 1.2.1, can i use this beta? if not how can i downgrade?

This ML software is ONLY for the 5Dc and the latest firmware from Canon for that model is 1.1.1

It does NOT work on 5D2 or 5D3

Canon 5Dc and 400D

walta

Quote from: naveed on October 11, 2013, 04:37:28 PM

Regards,
Naveed

You need to use the version for the 5D3

Its in beta here http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2602.0

Canon 5Dc and 400D

walta

Quote from: sdesign on October 10, 2013, 12:17:41 AM
I was also curious if anyone was still working on this port?

Considering the lack of response to these 2 posts I would say the answer is no.

I know the 5Dc is an old model but it would be nice if one of the developers would at least come back to take it out of Beta.

Version 1.0 would be nice.

Canon 5Dc and 400D

SDX

As it looks like right now, all ports stay in beta until a full release, like 2.3, can be made. And there is still alot of work that needs to be done.   

sdesign

Would something like, perhaps, a donation, get us a fuller non-beta, release?

Personally, the only extra thing that i want, is a mapable bulb timer, without having to use an external device, similar to the hold button, on a wired shutter release.

Maik mit A.I.

Hi

i made everything you all told me but it doesnt work.
the blue flag blink and i format my cf card with a card reader. the first pic ist good but then after a few sec the display shows me some watercolord pics.

The display had a strange flicker bright not so bright.

is it possible to delet the flash in the Cam and put the old frimware on the cam? to get the
factory settings?

any help??

walta

Quote from: Maik mit A.I. on October 17, 2013, 09:45:24 PM
Hi

i made everything you all told me but it doesnt work.
the blue flag blink and i format my cf card with a card reader. the first pic ist good but then after a few sec the display shows me some watercolord pics.

The display had a strange flicker bright not so bright.

is it possible to delet the flash in the Cam and put the old frimware on the cam? to get the
factory settings?

any help??

Do the firmware update again with the file named "5dc.111.card bootable.fir" in the root of the card.
This makes your card not bootable
If you do it again it makes it bootable.
This is a flag that turns the boot portion on and off so every time you run it it turns it either on or off
Next format your CF

ML is gone.

Canon 5Dc and 400D

walta

Quote from: SDX on October 12, 2013, 06:37:53 PM
As it looks like right now, all ports stay in beta until a full release, like 2.3, can be made. And there is still alot of work that needs to be done.

The question remains that was asked - Is anyone doing that work?

Canon 5Dc and 400D

Pharinen

I'm also willing to donate some money, if it would help with the development.

Sadly I don't have any skills, time(yes i do) or even strengt to continue the project.

sdesign

That's two dedicated donations, towards 5d development! Lets keep the dedication coming!

walta

I would say that donations have no bearing if theres no-one interested in working on this software.
They seem to have all moved off to the newer models.

I think we're going to be stuck with beta 4 forever. Thats why I suggested that someone at least get this off the beta shelf and release a version 1.0. That way if thats as far as it gets at least it solid.

Canon 5Dc and 400D