Author Topic: [UNMAINTAINED] Canon 5D Classic Firmware ** Beta 4 **  (Read 408146 times)

a1ex

• Administrator
  • 5D Mark Free
Re: [UNMAINTAINED] Canon 5D Classic Firmware ** Beta 4 **
« Reply #600 on: March 11, 2017, 02:22:28 PM »
You can use the portable display test to diagnose it: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14732.0

Brakeless

• Just arrived
« Reply #601 on: March 18, 2017, 02:17:58 PM »
Hello! Is there any new news? No one is currently engaged in processing? I can help in test ML...

Brakeless

• Just arrived
« Reply #602 on: May 04, 2017, 01:01:35 AM »
I'm looking for a ROM dump for QEMU experiments (mine is incomplete). You may get one from the Debug menu; please send it to me by PM.

If there is still interest, I can try to fix compilation on the latest codebase, then let you continue the port.

Side note: there is a small chance to get LiveView with the full-res silent pic backend, but the front-end functions are not present, so it will require some low-level research along these lines. But my gut feeling says it's doable.

But since this camera has a simpler codebase, this effort might pay off for more recent models as well.

@wigyori: the implicit declaration on this platform uses 32-bit integers for all parameters. So, in this case, you may get away with: void unknown_gui_function(int, int).

Hey, Alex! Whether correctly i undrestood that it is necessary to send a dump for your further development? I can help you in any matters. But will you be support in future 5D? Thanks!

a1ex

• Administrator
  • 5D Mark Free
« Reply #603 on: May 04, 2017, 05:33:18 PM »
There was a bug in the previous dumper, and I didn't look into it yet. However, recently I've got CF emulation working in QEMU, so I'll give it a second try.

Support is provided by other users. There is a VxWorks branch with some recent progress on 450D and 40D - one can look at the source code and try to adapt it to the 5D.

amp829

• Just arrived
« Reply #604 on: June 20, 2017, 09:30:24 AM »
hello !
where can i find the latest version for my canon 5d

Ilia3101

« Reply #605 on: June 20, 2017, 11:53:54 AM »
I think the newest is "beta 4", and there hasn't been much development since ~2012 because the developer's camera got bricked. You can find it on the first post on this thread.
5D2