Raw video on 1100D ?

Started by EVZML, January 18, 2014, 01:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVZML

Hello,

I installed different Magic Lantern firmwares on my 1100D, and also tried different raw_rec.mo modules, but I always get errors.
The firmware itself works, but not the raw_rec.mo module.
Is there any raw_rec.mo file out there thats working on the 1100D?
I'm just wondering, because the camera is on the list of working cameras:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6215.0

And I also seen many videos on youtube etc. out there that says "1100D raw video test" and so on.

Maybe someone can help me. Thanks!

dmilligan

the problem is not with the raw_rec module, the build for the 1100D does not support the function that the module needs to do raw recording (on purpose). raw recording on this camera is pointless b/c it is so limited, there's literally nothing you can do with it unless you'd find it useful to be able to record 5 frames (IDK if it can even do that), so no one is going to bother to support it or develop it.

a1ex

Also, the 1100D crashes as soon as you enable the raw mode in LiveView, and nobody figured it out yet. There is a branch in the main repo with their experiments.

EVZML

So there is no chance for me to get it work on my camera? Maybe this feature gets developed and comes out in near future, or is the hardware too slow for it?

I use my 1100D mostly for filming, with the VisionTech profile by VisionColor, and I also use OSIRIS by VisionColor for color grading. So what you think, its better to work without Magic Lantern, or still use it?

Thanks!