7d cardslot problem

Started by ElvisP., August 27, 2014, 11:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElvisP.

Sorry my English and sorry if this is has been posted before but I have been researching this forum(it's really giant) for a few days and have found no other problem like mine.

I'm using first alfa ML without any modules with 7d for half year and it's ok. But:

- I downloaded the latest build ML 7d.203  from 2014-08-20   
     Just copied the content to the cfcard

- did the firmware update (my canon firmware is 2.0.3) using the 7D menu to load ML and after that rebooted the camera (I don't set the bootflag in EOScard or any other software, may be a problem because of this)

- I choose ML settings for me

- then I selected a few modules in the ML menu and rebooted the camera to load the modules.
  I picked dual iso and raw video modules or only dual iso module ( can't remember now and of course not able to check this now.)

- played a few times with the dual iso feature, turn camera off and remove the card to dowload images on my computer to see the results

- then, I'm trying to turn on the camera but there are no sensor cleaning at start, no led blinking at start, no reaction to the button's push, no lifeview, only second screen show information (I'm waiting for only 10-15 seconds)

- turn off the camera, remove lens, card and battery.

- Reattach lens, reinsert card and battery and switch camera on again - same problem.

- I'm started to push all buttons randomly and then ML meny will appear with "copy all ML files" message on it. All settings restore to default.

- I'm turn on the lifeview it's ok but there are "Card access error. Reinstall, change card or format it from the camera." message on it.

- Trying to format the card from the 7d menu but it says "Can not be formatted. Replace the card". Trying to update the firmware but it says "To update the software, save the file with the new software on the card."

- Turn off the camera, remove card and copy ML files from my computer on it - same problem.

- Trying to insert other card - same problem.

- I'm low-level formated the card - same problem. Copied canon firmware on it - same problem. Copies canon firmware on other card - same problem.

- Now after turning on the camera it's the same but after a 20-25 seconds it says "Card access error. Reinstall, change card or format it from the camera." All functions are work excluding write to the card. Lifeview work but with "Card access error. Reinstall, change card or format it from the camera." message on it. This occurs with any card inserted into the camera. Without card camera works fine. And I'm still can load the ML menu.

PLESE help! What I'm doing wrong? What should I do?

Look's like I'll be good tester for ML))

Walter Schulz

Format card using your cardreader. Insert it into cam and startup. ML won't be there.
Now test functions.
Report back, please.

ElvisP.

I'm allready do this :"- I'm low-level formated the card - same problem. Copied canon firmware on it - same problem. Copies canon firmware on other card - same problem.".
May be the case in my English

Walter Schulz

Please do as described and report.
There is no use copying Canon's firmware to the card.

Is ML menu absent now?

ElvisP.

I just formated other card and don't copy enything on it. Same problem. ML menu don't absent now.

Walter Schulz

Sorry, but you did it wrong!

Format the card using a cardreader. Use a filesystem like NTFS not FAT32 or ExFAT.
Now test again.

ElvisP.

I'm format my card into fat32 file systm. I will try to format it into exFAT or NTFS in 6-7 hours - I'm allready at work, sorry.

Walter Schulz

I wrote "NTFS not FAT32 or ExFAT" as in "NTFS not (FAT32 or ExFat)"
But it doesn't matter: AFAIK 7D doesn't support ExFAT (unless card > 128 GByte).

ElvisP.

I did a low-level format in NTFS using a cardreader. No effect, all the same.

Walter Schulz

Sorry, but you have to tell some details if you want to be helped.

You formated the card with NTFS, inserted it into cam and what happened?
Choose one
[ ] Cam started up with no problems and after pressing trashcan button ML menu pops up?
[ ] Cam started up and you have to format the card inside the cam to make it work.
[ ] Cam stalled. You have to remove the battery and the card to make the cam startup at all.
[ ] Something else: Describe in detail!

ElvisP.

Format the card in NTFS has no results. Everything remains the same as it was:
"After cam started up it says "Card access error. Reinstall, change card or format it from the camera." All functions are work excluding write to the card. Lifeview work but with "Card access error. Reinstall, change card or format it from the camera." message on it. Without card camera works fine." Of course, ML menu didn;t pop up.

If it will help you to understand the problem, I can make a video with what is happening after cam started up.

Anyway, thank you very much, man. You really awesome support. I think you better than Canon support :)

ElvisP.

And please, tell me if my English is too bad to explain the problem - I'll ask my friend who works as a translator to write here instead of me.

Walter Schulz

So: Format the card inside your cam.
Now you have a cam without ML on it (except the cam's bootflag is still set).
Is the camera working with this card?

ElvisP.

Apparently my English is really too bad...

No, after this operation, all remained as it was. The camera works, but doesn't allow you to take photos, record video, format the card or install a new firmware. And it still displays this message "Card access error. Reinstall, change card or format it from the camera".

a1ex

Can you check your card slot for bent pins?

ElvisP.

God damn, man, you're totally right! One of the pins is bent. Love you guys! Thank you very very much! I'm really sorry for wasting your time.

ElvisP.

The problem really was in this. I straightened pin and now everything is working as it should. Once more, you are the great support!